The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording noise in Cubase but Audacity works just fine / high gain
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Recording noise in Cubase but Audacity works just fine / high gain

Hi guys, i'm new in the forum. I am experiencing 2 big problems

- There's noise anytime i record audio in cubase; mics, guitar, bass, anything...
The noise only happens in Cubase (5 and 9.5 yeah in both versions), Audacity works just fine.
I tried everything, i changed the interface, i changed the cables and still same awful distorted noise drowning the audio.
Never happened before to me in years of use, it suddenly appeared.

- The gain is always super high in my interfaces (Sapphire 6 and Scarlett 2i2), again never happened to me before with the Sapphire (in around 3 years of use) until like 1 month ago and now it's happening in both: the Scarlett has been just bought 1 week ago brand new!.
Doesn't make any sense.
So what i did was to turn on both inst and pad buttons on Sapphire so the clip doesn't happen anymore and the signal can be used.
But i never had to use this method before!.
I didn't do anything to my instruments, same as always no change in pickups, no active pickups, my guitar is an ibanez ict700 and the bass is from thomann both passive!.
I doubt both crashed their inner circuits¿??¿?¿ wtf seriously?
Any advice? I'm out of ideas, really!

I attached my cubase - asio settings
Attached Thumbnails
Recording noise in Cubase but Audacity works just fine / high gain-8w82kka-1-.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

btw, forgot to say that i have already tried recording in 2 different desktop computers. same exact thing. noise and high gain.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Any advice people?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search