The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Glitchy MIDI! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Glitchy MIDI!

Hopefully I'm posting this is the right place, feel free to move it if necessary.

This isn't a huge problem, but sometimes can be a pain in the butt. Sometimes during playback in Pro Tools, my MIDI will glitch, and a cymbal might not hit, or hit but be way louder than it's supposed to be, or a snare might miss the transient, etc...

While mixing it isn't that big of a deal, it doesn't happen constantly, but it does happen. The biggest issue is when bouncing to disk or printing a finished mix, and it happens. Obviously the "glitch" gets recorded also. Sometimes it might take 3 or 4 tries (sometimes more) to get through the whole 3 minute song clean.

It is a PC thing, buffer size thing, playback engine thing? I don't want to start messing with settings in fear I'll screw something up.

I'll almost always record MIDI synths and pianos to audio, but I like to keep my Superior Drummer in MIDI for as long as I can, for last minute edits that always pop up (velocity, timing edits, crash changes, etc...) And usually these glitches can still happen with Superior Drummer being the only MIDI running. My computer is pretty decent, I can grab the actual specs if someone wants to know.

Suggestions?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search