The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Live Use of Laptop/DAW/Digital Effects Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

Live Use of Laptop/DAW/Digital Effects

Hey guys,

I'm tinkering with a new project and struggling to get my laptop setup to be a "one stop shop" for guitar and keyboard effects for live performances.
Here's my current gear -
  • Audio interface
  • MIDI controller pedal
  • USB keyboard
  • Laptop
  • Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 software
  • Native Instruments Massive software
  • Guitar and bass
Right now I can run guitar/bass + MIDI controller --> audio interface --> laptop (effects applied here) --> audio interface --> PA. This works quite well (albeit with a little latency I'm still working out). What I can't get working is simultaneously running my little USB keyboard into my laptop and getting that sound (via NI Massive) to come out of the interface too. i.e. having both my guitar effects and the keyboard effects coming out of the laptop and into the PA. I'm wondering if I need to get a MIDI keyboard instead and go keyboard -> audio interface -> laptop -> audio interface -> PA. So the laptop software can send the sound back out through the interface? Right now I don't think I can get it to go anywhere except my actual laptop speakers.

Sorry for the novel, new to the digital FX world and all these connections so kind of figuring it out as I go!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search