The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx Aurora 16 expansion Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Lynx Aurora 16 expansion

Hi Guys,

I have a Lynx Aurora 16 connected via the the Thunderbolt card. It's has 16 analog inputs right now but there's 16 digital aes inputs available also.

Usually 16 ins is enough but occasionally I need a few more inputs. I'm thinking of getting a cheap interface to go into the Lynx via AES to gain another 8 or 16 channels.

Any thoughts on a decent but cheap converter that has AES outputs?

Thanks!
Chris
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

I have a Mackie Onyx 800r bringing 8 more channels into my Aurora 16 TB. They don't make them any more, but they sound good and a used one can be had for cheap. I'm sure there are other units that would work.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Cool, thanks.

Just the kind of thing I'm looking for. Not such an obvious choice converter wise but does the job for cheap when you need extra channels. I'm in Europe so I"m not sure how easy they'll be to find but I'll keep my eyes open and see what else gets mentioned in this thread.

Thanks again!
Chris
Old 3 days ago
You could pick up a (obviously used) Apogee AD 16x. IMO a step above the original Aurora. And it has AES outs as far as I remember.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Yes thanks! I guess I should look at all the old Apogee stuff, it's probably closer to my price range now that's it's not so current.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

I found this doing a search on-line Midas XL48 it's a reasonably priced 8 channel pre with AES out
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Another good option. Thanks!
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Audient ASP 880. Excellent pres and conversion.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search