The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone else have issues with the Apogee hardware remote?
Old 12th June 2018
Anyone else have issues with the Apogee hardware remote?

I recently sold my BLA 002 sig interface to partially fund one of the new Apogee Element interfaces. I went with the Element 46 + Hardware Remote. I've always been a big fan of Apogee but I honestly feel like this release is a bit half baked.

My main issues are-

When adjusting the volume of my monitors or headphones, the volume indicator overlay pops up on the screen. Cool, except the level indicator bars in the overlay never move, the overlay is often off-center on my screen & sometimes the overlay just sticks on the screen until I restart. Lame.

An even more annoying issue- When I try to adjust the headphone 2 volume with the remote, it selects headphone 2 in the GUI but when I turn the knob it actually adjusts the monitor / Main level.

I've chatted with Apogee a couple times about this & both times they just said "yeah, we're aware of those issues, we're hoping the big update this spring fixes all of them." Well.... We're now pretty much past spring & into summer with still no update. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super disappointed in Apogee, and that's coming from decades of Digidesign hardware use! What gives??
Old 18th June 2018
Anyone else have this thing?
Old 18th June 2018
Gear Addict

Sorry you're having trouble - I have several all working perfectly with symphony mkii's and an ensemble and an element. Have you tried a clean install?
Old 1st January 2019
My apogee control remote just stopped working this morning?
I shut the computer down and nothing,
There are no lights of any kind, I switched the little cord to a new one and nothing.
I’m going to try to do a clean install now and i’ll Let you know :-)
Old 1st January 2019
I uninstalled the apogee control ensemble 2.0 software and reinstalled it and its up and working again !!!!!!!
Old 5th January 2020
Here for the gear
Any solution? Same problems. My volume logo is stuck. And sometimes when I adjust volume the entire computer wigs out and stutters for 45secs. After the stuttering I get a 9173 error msg
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlutWave View Post
Any solution? Same problems. My volume logo is stuck. And sometimes when I adjust volume the entire computer wigs out and stutters for 45secs. After the stuttering I get a 9173 error msg
If your on a mac open activity monitor and in the search bar type apogeepopup,
quit this process, force quit it, if you have to.
Your stuck volume icon will disappear.
I had the same thing keep happening to me, i bought a new one and it never ever happened again.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search