The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reason/Live Problem
Old 29th April 2007
Here for the gear

Thumbs down Reason/Live Problem

Hey, I'm currently using Reason and Live together with Live being the Master and Reason being the Slave. On my desktop, the two work perfectly together, but on my new notebook, whenever I run Live and then start up reason, Live immediately says it is not responding and reason fails to start once it realizes that the master is no longer running. When it's the other way around, both programs start but I can't get Live to send its MIDI output to Reason. I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista (I know, I know). Any suggestions, please?
Old 2nd May 2007
Here for the gear

Unhappy HELP!

At first, the same thing happened when FL Studio 7 was the master and Reason was the slave. However, I reinstalled Reason and updated it and now FL studio will run Reason fine. I updated Live too but the same thing still happens, so I'm not really sure right now which program is having the problem or whether its simply an irreconcilable Vista problem.

Any help would really be greatly appreciated because I have a show I can play on May 11th, but I don't think I can afford to bring my entire desktop, so I'm really hoping I don't have to just start over with XP.

Any ideas? Any more information needed?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search