Boz Big Clipper
Old 16th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Crave EQ
Sum 100a by TimP
Boz Big Clipper
Waiting for Big Clipper to go on sale. Use StandardCLIP at the moment (love it).

Great call with Crave EQ, my go to now. Such a smooth polished sound.

On that note, Weiss DS-1 has a 'pro polish' if that's what you're after.
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Nut

Hm, how about the Vulf compressor by GoodHertz, Pi by Sound Radix for dynamic phase alignment- only plugin I know of that does that, or Hierarchy by Neoduction- don't actually know what it does (low level compression/expansion maybe...idk) but it thickens up the signal without affecting the headroom or dynamic range too much.
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Waiting for Big Clipper to go on sale. Use StandardCLIP at the moment (love it).

Great call with Crave EQ, my go to now. Such a smooth polished sound.

On that note, Weiss DS-1 has a 'pro polish' if that's what you're after.
Thanks for the suggestion!
As for Big Clipper: It is such a great sound shaper, I use it alot. I bet you will not regret purchasing it
Old 30th December 2018
uLaw encode & decode, with any 5 plugins that you threw away, and 3 specific AirWindows Plugins plugins

ToTape, ToVinyl, and FromTape
Spiral2 (can Alias, and in those case... perhaps UnBpxd))

It looks like SubOne ands CenterOne are replacing Fabfilter Prto-Q 3, which recently replaced Ozone Dyn EQ (pre-coloring and comression) + 2 Nova's in sum and diff (pre-limiter).

Sugarbytes Effectrix or Glitch2
SugarBytes Wow and possibly Dmitry Shches Tantra
I haven'y kept up on the newer glitch plugins, but I see there are some neat ones

Slatate VCC deserves mentioning, but the versatility of the AirWindows ecnode/decode has replaced it, but aren't consistently alays good

RawGlitter/RawDither, probably with strange combos o uLaw's & other weirdness

PurestConsole with an AirWindows decode

OneCornerClip with ADClip7, because they replaced StadardCLip and KClip, without needing to do upsampling

and for me, fabfilter pro-q 3 in combo with TDR Nova is likely going to be replaced by Eastwing DynOne and CenterOne.

Sonnox Oxford Inflator and Softube Saturation knpb
and its very sad, but Waves MaxxBass
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

And for creative use, Soniccharge Permut8 is killer!
Old 31st December 2018
Gear Addict

I'm really liking version 3 of Klanghelm DC8C.
Old 31st December 2018
Here for the gear

The KUSH REDDI and the UAD Neve PreAmp are magic on Soft Synths!
Old 3rd January 2019
Thank you!

Emiliano from Leapwing Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMuzzl3 View Post
uLaw encode & decode, with any 5 plugins that you threw away, and 3 specific AirWindows Plugins plugins

ToTape, ToVinyl, and FromTape
Spiral2 (can Alias, and in those case... perhaps UnBpxd))

It looks like SubOne ands CenterOne are replacing Fabfilter Prto-Q 3, which recently replaced Ozone Dyn EQ (pre-coloring and comression) + 2 Nova's in sum and diff (pre-limiter).

Sugarbytes Effectrix or Glitch2
SugarBytes Wow and possibly Dmitry Shches Tantra
I haven'y kept up on the newer glitch plugins, but I see there are some neat ones

Slatate VCC deserves mentioning, but the versatility of the AirWindows ecnode/decode has replaced it, but aren't consistently alays good

RawGlitter/RawDither, probably with strange combos o uLaw's & other weirdness

PurestConsole with an AirWindows decode

OneCornerClip with ADClip7, because they replaced StadardCLip and KClip, without needing to do upsampling

and for me, fabfilter pro-q 3 in combo with TDR Nova is likely going to be replaced by Eastwing DynOne and CenterOne.

Sonnox Oxford Inflator and Softube Saturation knpb
and its very sad, but Waves MaxxBass
Old 4th January 2019
Lives for gear

As a side note: The new digital filter and eq included in UVI Falcon sound really good!
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Addict

Cytomic The Drop has been one of my most used plugins for years. It's really alive, better filtering, resonance, and distortion than anything else I know of, and the modulation system is beautiful.

Besides obvious applications I use it for an analog touch (mild drive, filters with subtle resonance near the edge of the spectrum) autopanning, tremolo, ring mod, feedback generation, and adding life to uninspired programmed or sampled instruments and loops. A subtle amount of both LFOs plus the envelope follower adding some dynamic brightness or movement on attacks really brings things to life.

Leapwing CenterOne does something no other tool offers for center channel manipulation. Combined with MS EQ it can do seemingly impossible things in a mastering context.
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

El Rey
BX-Opto
Taupe (sometimes)
Vsm-3

honorable mention to
Waves Abbey Road TG plug
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Cytomic The Drop has been one of my most used plugins for years. It's really alive, better filtering, resonance, and distortion than anything else I know of, and the modulation system is beautiful.

Besides obvious applications I use it for an analog touch (mild drive, filters with subtle resonance near the edge of the spectrum) autopanning, tremolo, ring mod, feedback generation, and adding life to uninspired programmed or sampled instruments and loops. A subtle amount of both LFOs plus the envelope follower adding some dynamic brightness or movement on attacks really brings things to life.

Leapwing CenterOne does something no other tool offers for center channel manipulation. Combined with MS EQ it can do seemingly impossible things in a mastering context.
Love The Drop! CenterOne - try pairing this with Goodhertz MidSide on the mix/master. So powerful.
Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Love The Drop! CenterOne - try pairing this with Goodhertz MidSide on the mix/master. So powerful.
Andy's stuff is on another level - when The Scream is released properly it will be a really flexible and convincing distortion toolkit. The Drop is my goto inspirational tool still - it's totally made a few standout guitar solos, drum sounds, atmospheric moments, and outros.

CenterOne + StageOne does it for me. Pretty impressive combination, and with a bit of hardware MS EQ the result is definitely approaching the magic realm.

Will check that GHz one though for sure, thanks!
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Andy's stuff is on another level - when The Scream is released properly it will be a really flexible and convincing distortion toolkit. The Drop is my goto inspirational tool still - it's totally made a few standout guitar solos, drum sounds, atmospheric moments, and outros.

CenterOne + StageOne does it for me. Pretty impressive combination, and with a bit of hardware MS EQ the result is definitely approaching the magic realm.

Yeah looking forward to that being finished. He's going to update The Glue in 2020 apparently.

The Drop - it's amazing. As you say it can add life and movement so effortlessly. I've used it on the mixbus before, automating all music for a pumping/movement effect during a buildup (and breakdown). Oversampling is fab and it doesn't bork the phase etc.

I'm not 100% sold on StageOne yet :¬)
Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah looking forward to that being finished. He's going to update The Glue in 2020 apparently.

The Drop - it's amazing. As you say it can add life and movement so effortlessly. I've used it on the mixbus before, automating all music for a pumping/movement effect during a buildup (and breakdown). Oversampling is fab and it doesn't bork the phase etc.

I'm not 100% sold on StageOne yet :¬)
With any luck that may come even sooner, and he's into the idea of doing VCA trimmer control for adjustable THD and different transformer-coupled output stages a la TKAudio, Stam, etc. Been waiting years for it, and it may well be the ultimate SSL bus comp with total flexibility allowing different levels of nonlinearities, arbitrary channel linkage, custom cap values to fine tune release timings, etc.

His oversampling is indeed great and I'm happy to have options with it.

Re: StageOne for full disclosure I did receive an NFR. But it's doing something I really dig for width that can't be done with direct mid side gain adjustment or shuffling /side shelf eq. And the depth control does something I wished K Stereo did. Besides the obvious master insert - give it a try on vocals, especially depth and mono spread on leads or width on backings. Also fx returns - a bit of depth and mono spread with subtle panning (center gravity) offset can make a mono delay way more interesting. Or try full wideness on a lush digital plate reverb - awesome!
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
With any luck that may come even sooner, and he's into the idea of doing VCA trimmer control for adjustable THD and different transformer-coupled output stages a la TKAudio, Stam, etc. Been waiting years for it, and it may well be the ultimate SSL bus comp with total flexibility allowing different levels of nonlinearities, arbitrary channel linkage, custom cap values to fine tune release timings, etc.

His oversampling is indeed great and I'm happy to have options with it.

Re: StageOne for full disclosure I did receive an NFR. But it's doing something I really dig for width that can't be done with direct mid side gain adjustment or shuffling /side shelf eq. And the depth control does something I wished K Stereo did. Besides the obvious master insert - give it a try on vocals, especially depth and mono spread on leads or width on backings. Also fx returns - a bit of depth and mono spread with subtle panning (center gravity) offset can make a mono delay way more interesting. Or try full wideness on a lush digital plate reverb - awesome!
Wow, didn't realise it was to be of that depth. Just bought a HW SSL unit for the mixbus but it'll be a no brainer purchase for other duties.

Thanks for the StageOne tips, I'll give them a go today.

Edit - already enjoying StageOne on the EMT120 verb, sounds great.

Last edited by b0se; 23rd January 2019 at 03:19 PM..
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear
Listen man... no plugin is magic. You should know that. It's silly to think a plugin will just up and give you magical results.

With that said... listen man, Softube CL1b, TDR SlickEQ, Klanghelm MJUC and SDRR are some plugins that just up and give you magical results. You should know that these are among the plugins that are magic lol. Don't be silly.

Last edited by CPhoenix; 24th January 2019 at 09:45 PM..
Old 27th January 2019
Here for the gear
Invisible limiter G2 doing work on last step, actually mixing into it.
VariMoon right before
Eiosis algorythms working great to endup digital stream before summing.
Old 6th February 2019
Thanks for your support!
Quote:

Old 19th February 2019
Gear Addict
I'll go with Majestic

Mojo In The Box:
Acustica Crimson (AB-ing this to PA VSM-3 was like ouch!)
Acustica Ebony
Soundtoys Bundle
Metric Halo Character
XLN RC-30

Retro Grime For Samples
TAL DAC
D16 Decimort 2
Sountoys Little Primal Tap (Cool lofi down sampler)

Analog-ish Nuts & Bolts
SSL Duende Channel, Bus Compressor & X-Saturator
Metric Halo Channel Strip

Futuristic Tech:
Zyanptiq Adaptiverb & UnFilter

Digital / Tools:
FF Pro-Q3 & Pro-MB
Oek Soothe & Spiff
BX DynEQ
SSL Drumstrip (More than just a drum strip.)

Beautifully Iterative Virtual Instruments:
UVI Falcon
Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Old 19th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdeadbaby View Post
Metric Halo Character
+100
Old 19th February 2019
Here for the gear

Blackrooster Neve and Pulteq clones very wow
Plugin Alliance Blackbox, Vsc3
Uad 1176 RevE La2A etc.

Colouring and everything in between up to Clipping...especially used in combination
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
+100
Yeah, sounds so good. I don’t know what in Sam Hain they did to model each circuit but its good enough for console modeling in their interfaces for a reason...

They also nailed the transient emphasis some circuits introduce in a way I’ve never heard any other algorithm get right...
Old 21st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdeadbaby View Post
Yeah, sounds so good. I don’t know what in Sam Hain they did to model each circuit but its good enough for console modeling in their interfaces for a reason...

They also nailed the transient emphasis some circuits introduce in a way I’ve never heard any other algorithm get right...
Metric Halo Character is criminally overlooked.... let's just keep it to ourselves then
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Metric Halo Character is criminally overlooked.... let's just keep it to ourselves then
Deal!
Old 21st February 2019
Lives for gear

I have Character with the MH 3D DSP license, I'll give it a pop. Any particular models stand out?
Old 22nd February 2019
Kush Omega 458A
Overloud Dopamine
Studio Devil VTP

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search