The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HEADS UP: Scarbee is closing shop, <50% discounts Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

HEADS UP: Scarbee is closing shop, <50% discounts

"The Final Sale - everything must go!

I have decided to close the SCARBEE web shop as it is no longer possible to run it without having a legal and web based marketing department. Everything just gets too complicated now (especially with the GDPR) and I'm a musician - not a lawyer or a marketing expert.

So its time to move on. SCARBEE has always been an "Art/Science" project - meaning that our passion was about creating illusions - how close close we get to reality? The business part was basically just a way to get funded.

Now me and my team will focus on being creative - instead of selling and doing paper work.

We hope you will help us clear the stock - we only have 3-4 left of some of the products - so don't wait too long...

Web Shop at www.scarbee.com closes on May 24, 2018".

https://www.scarbee.com/collections/...eid=af1d36bace
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Why did I think NI bought your company? Guess I'm just confused with the sheer amount of plugins, software companies, and sound companies.

Anyways, Good luck to you
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I have several of your products and love them. Thanks for ya'lls efforts and good luck
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Aw, sad to see you closing, I'll be sure to nab some more plugs from you!
Old 6 days ago
Engagement Manager

Sad to hear this
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Stock?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Stock?
I was wondering the same thing. Are their products not downloadable or too large to be practical for that?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Downloading works just fine.

I don't know what he means by "stock"... One thing is certain, though, his privately released CLASSIC EP-88S library will be off the market for a while, perhaps even for good.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Downloading works just fine.

I don't know what he means by "stock"... One thing is certain, though, his privately released CLASSIC EP-88S library will be off the market for a while, perhaps even for good.
He just has the one privately release library, no? The ep-88... which is just picked up last month is remarkable
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

He is selling Native Instruments licenses on his site. If he had to pre-buy those, perhaps this is the stock he is referring to. I'm only guessing though.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I can’t speak highly enough about his ep88
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Guru

Only a few hours left.
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Stock?
That was my first thought. How idiotic can people be. You don't have stock on hand with a digital download. You're simply downloading a copy and the file is always there. If there's are license involved a license generator is going to keep generating new ones.

Its cool you might get a deal on a plugin at a decent cost, but a Fire Sale on a download is really ridiculous. I guess there are enough people out there who think Tron is a physical object living inside their computer but really.

Maybe he's selling off the software and has promised to close the site?
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Guru

How about not making any assumptions.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Nut

Thanks for the heads up. I got the Classic EP-88s and expansion. I’ve been wanting it since I first heard the demos and figured it’s now or never. I have other EPs but this one is special. Sorry to see Scarbee close down shop.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic orange View Post
I got the Classic EP-88s and expansion.
What does the expansion actually do? I tried to understand the advertising, it seemed to me the expansion pack is primarily a collection of presets. Is this true?
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Guru

As for "stock", his site now says that he has sold out most of the NI licenses.
Old 11 hours ago
Unhappy

Sorry to hear the sad news. I was recently playing with the Scarbee bass instruments that came with my NI instruments. Very realistic sounding and fun to play.

Cheers and best wishes!
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
What does the expansion actually do? I tried to understand the advertising, it seemed to me the expansion pack is primarily a collection of presets. Is this true?
Aside from the additional presets, it looks like there's a Mod Matrix plus syncable vibrato. I'm not exactly sure what else is in there, but it's a newly updated and separate .nki file. After getting the main instrument I went back and got the expansion because it came out to about $12 and looked interesting. Downloading now but I won't have a chance to check it out for a while.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic orange View Post
Aside from the additional presets, it looks like there's a Mod Matrix plus syncable vibrato. I'm not exactly sure what else is in there, but it's a newly updated and separate .nki file. After getting the main instrument I went back and got the expansion because it came out to about $12 and looked interesting. Downloading now but I won't have a chance to check it out for a while.
OK, thanks.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search