The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One hard drive or multiple drives for multiple sample libraries? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th May 2018
Here for the gear

One hard drive or multiple drives for multiple sample libraries?

If you have large sample libraries, say 3 different ones for example: toontrack superior drummer 3, komplete 11 ultimate, and most of the east west sample libraries, is it a good idea to store each brand on its own external hard drive or try to fit them all on one external drive as long as its separate from the system drive and audio/project drive?

I will eventually have Superior drummer 3, komplete 11 ultimate, and select east west libraries to keep track of. I have an internal sata III ssd for osx/apps, internal ssd 2TB for samples, 1 TB (more samples) and 2TB (audio/projects) sata ssd in an external dual bay thunderbolt drive. Then I have a 2TB FW800 for all backups.
All ext. ssds will be thunderbolt 1 speed and they are 6gb/s.

I'm thinking of putting Komplete 11 U and east west on the 2tb internal ssd and then SD3 on the external 1TB because SD3 will probably get used less often than the other 2. Then dedicate the external 2TB for my audio/projects.

This is good?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search