The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Damn. Upgrading yet again. Windows 7 64bit to?
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Damn. Upgrading yet again. Windows 7 64bit to?

So here we are again. I had to upgrade my GPU to use a 34" widescreen now after trying everything known to man the conclusion is my Motherboard is bottle necking the card. Its a Sabertooth x58. Anyways now I have to upgrade my Motherboard and might as well go with the best CPU. Im running Windows 7 64 bit with Protools 11 HD Native.

Im being told that I will have to go with at least Windows 8 but I really do not want to go through compatibility bull crap with all my plugins,protools, ect ect ect.

What is the best Motherboard and Processor being successfully used out there with Protools 11 HD and what operating system is the current go to for stability and compatibility?

FYI. Im not going to Protools 12 HD because they have issues with Midi latency plus I have a un upgradable version of HD due to this is how I purchased it used.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hi,
Whats the video card?
Is this a 4k monitor?
Is it just the one video monitor?
What other PCI/PCI-e card s do you have in the system?

Technically PT 11 will run fine on both Windows 8 64 bit and 10 64 bit. Just not officially.

Your audio and midi interface and some 3rd party plugins may be the main stumbling block for moving to a different OS.

Chris
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search