The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just installed the UAD arrow in my Win10 machine.. Issues abound! Audio Interfaces
Old 16th May 2018
Here for the gear

Just installed the UAD arrow in my Win10 machine.. Issues abound!

Hey guys. Really need your help with this one.

So I just upgraded from a NI KA6 to the Arrow. Or so I thought..?
But first, here are my specs:

i7 8700k
Asus Prime Z370-A (latest bios; drivers)
Asus Thunderbolt EX3 (latest fw; drivers)
16gb 3000mhz RAM
Samsung 850 Evo 1tb SSD

So my goal was, to get as low of a latency as possible, since I mainly use the interface to record guitar/bass through amp sim VSTs.

Problem is, anything above 48khz just gives me simply abysmal performance. Both in the standalone software (Guitar Rig 5) and several other VSTs in Reaper).
Pops, clicks, glitches, you name it. No matter the sample rate.

I'm suspecting it might do with the thunderbolt 3 settings in my BIOS? There were a whole lot of esoteric options in there.

Second problem is that I'm getting the occasional pops and clicks when streaming regular audio (listening to music, youtube, whatever).

Does anyone have a similar setup and can assist? I'd be eternally grateful. Spent so much money on this setup just to have it perform worse than my old KA6...
Old 16th May 2018
Here for the gear

Same mobo, proc and TBEX3 card. Had purchased a second gen Apollo 8 and after trying various passes in the BIOS settings, TB3 to TB2 adapters, cables, firmware bounces, hardware resets, etc..

I wound up sending the Apollo back and returned to using the Eleven Rack (USB) which works great now under the new rig.

Thunderbolt (2) on the PC was nothing but a massive headache for me.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear
Scroll down for compatibility info

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...-Compatibility
Old 17th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by max30000 View Post
Hey guys. Really need your help with this one.

So I just upgraded from a NI KA6 to the Arrow. Or so I thought..?
But first, here are my specs:

i7 8700k
Asus Prime Z370-A (latest bios; drivers)
Asus Thunderbolt EX3 (latest fw; drivers)
16gb 3000mhz RAM
Samsung 850 Evo 1tb SSD

So my goal was, to get as low of a latency as possible, since I mainly use the interface to record guitar/bass through amp sim VSTs.

Problem is, anything above 48khz just gives me simply abysmal performance. Both in the standalone software (Guitar Rig 5) and several other VSTs in Reaper).
Pops, clicks, glitches, you name it. No matter the sample rate.

I'm suspecting it might do with the thunderbolt 3 settings in my BIOS? There were a whole lot of esoteric options in there.

Second problem is that I'm getting the occasional pops and clicks when streaming regular audio (listening to music, youtube, whatever).

Does anyone have a similar setup and can assist? I'd be eternally grateful. Spent so much money on this setup just to have it perform worse than my old KA6...
You are definitely not alone in your experience. I had this unit for a couple of weeks, and had to return it. Check out my experiences on 3 different laptops on here. Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base :

As mentioned, I wouldn't recommend this for windows users.
Old 17th May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxmaestro View Post
You are definitely not alone in your experience. I had this unit for a couple of weeks, and had to return it. Check out my experiences on 3 different laptops on here. Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base :

As mentioned, I wouldn't recommend this for windows users.
Man that's a real bummer. The return policy at the dealer where I bought if from is crap so I'll probably have to sell it.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search