The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apple refused to fix iMac Pro
Old 18th April 2018
Apple refused to fix iMac Pro

iMac pro - apple cant provide repair services for their own product even if paid for, regardless of warranty?

I was thinking of eventually buying some sort of apple product to experience iOS as a lot of programs seem to be designed to be more stable on that platform with more users in the music production space.

I Just came across this video where Linus tech tips the largest tech YouTuber couldn't get his iMac Pro repaired by any means through apple or third party. Even though he was willing to pay for it. Im wondering if this is just because early production cycle and they can't spare parts for repair?
Old 18th April 2018
If you bring a product to market you should be able to repair it, period.
You can break that screen when unboxing and bumping it against the corner of the table.
I am sure Apple will have their service on par soon, probably ever faster due to the ****storm this video causes, but IMO this is simply ridiculous.
But hey, it is only a pro product for $5000+.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search