The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Weird behaviour RME babyface when starting up computer Digital Converters
Old 1st April 2018
Gear Nut

Weird behaviour RME babyface when starting up computer

Hi everyone,

My Babyface has some startup issues when windowns 10 starts up. The ADAT inputs seems to freeze. When I unplug the USB and replug, everythings seems to work again. This seems to be the case with or without cables connected to the ADAT in and or out.
Sometimes, everything works but there's some loud crackling noise for a while which subsides after a while, also in the ADAT.

I have the latest drivers installed.

I have an image of it but don't know how to post an image.

Hope anyone can help.
Old 23rd April 2018
Gear Nut

Anyone?
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Nut

I've included a picture of the Total FX to show you what sometimes happens.
This is static.
Sometimes the green leds go up and down after start up
Attached Thumbnails
Weird behaviour RME babyface when starting up computer-weird-behavious-rme-babyface-startup-computer.jpg  
Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hi I've never experienced anything like that with original BF or newer BF Pro..
Sometimes external converters make such static pop at the start, when you power them up, before it gets fully initialized and synced.
But the case with ADAT cables disconnected doesn't make much sense to me, because I/Os to external device is completely out of game.

Besides Windows driver, I'd probably verify, whether you have also latest firmware (V 223) flashed at your Babyface and possibly update it.. (flash tool is at the same web page as their driver).
Maybe complete reset of TM settings could be also worth of test (options > reset mix > total reset).

Also as you've mentioned, it's happening just after startup and replug of USB remedy that, there might be also some occasional issues with device powering during its initialization (so it might end in some weird state).
Do you have an external PS with BF, or it's bus powered? If it's on PS, then try bus powered mode for possible change. If it's powered from USB, then test different port at your PC (can be also USB 3.0, which is backward compatible with 2.0 devices, but can supply more current) or possibly different A-B cable.

Finally, there's worldwide e-mail support by RME.. they could give you some more precise advice or possibly guide you through some troubleshooting steps or in the worst case help you to identify some BF hardware fault.

Good luck!

Michal
Old 7th October 2018
Gear Nut

Reliving this thread...

Tried working with the Babyface without ADAT cables connected to the Behringer ADA8000 and everything works fine. So I think there's something wrong with the ADA8000. When the ADA8000 is connected to the Babyface via ADAT, I might take up to 10 minutes before the crackling noise is gone.

Anyone?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Anyone?
Im sure that its not the rme. When the ada8000 is disconnected the rme works fine.
Is a ada8000 easy to repair or better sell it and buy a ada8200?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Your best way of getting your issue resolved is to send an email to: [email protected]

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search