The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Decapitator vs. SDRR Saturation Plugins
Old 7th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by f33 View Post
do you use it for more mixing with live bands or electronic music production or both?
Both.

As far as usage personally my workflow is something like dial in the drive til I dont like it bring it back a bit, blend to taste using the mix control, tighten with other controls. Sometimes I use a send. SDRR is wicked flexible.. dialing in a tone I like for each style, tube/digi/fuzz/desk then toggling thru them to decide which one I like the best is badass. Dont forget to toggle thru the stages too. Thats just scratching the surface of what you can do.
Old 7th September 2018
Lives for gear

I would recommend ditching the Klanghelm whatch-a-ma-thingie and get Fabfilter Saturn to go with Decapitator.

Those two will cover your distortion/saturation.
Old 7th September 2018
Gear Guru
SDRR has an amazing feature set and to me sounds different. For the money is incredible and holds it's own with anything out there.....
Old 9th September 2018
f33
Gear Addict

it just has a weird plasticky sound to me on occasion. I've found uses for it, but overall i probably would recommend other saturation plugins over SDRR.

guess it was cheap
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

I'd say SDRR is one of the best, and Decapitator too.
They're just different colors in palette, why some "vs" here? Green vs purple?
Both has it's ups and downsides, both are useful.
Just use what's at hand, and be careful, as all nonlinear stuff is very dangerous in digital domain, easy to overuse and to have a lot of HF noise/IMD in sound.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search