The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any Waves plugins worth buying?
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarxistDan View Post
I'm really trying to wrap my mind around what your perspective is here and struggling. In case it isn't obvious:

"I prefer to spend money with companies who give me more that is useful to me for my money rather than less" is not equal to "I don't know what I'm talking about."
Did I say either of these above? If so, can you please quote me?

Quote:
I'm baffled why so many of them are responding in this bizzarely narcissistic fashion to folks (like me) who have the temerity to have a different experience.
It's one thing to have a different experience contrary to others, and express your thoughts. Everyone has different experiences.

It's another thing to say this:
Quote:
It's essentially a subscription, and the subscription fee is not disclosed up front and is entirely up to them to set at the time you have to renew the subscription. .
Which is factually incorrect. The fact is that you don't have to renew the subscription, and Waves works on your computer for many years.

And secondly, which is my opinion therefore not a fact, and that is that WUP is not a subscription. You think it "essentially" is. I don't see anyone saying "bizzarely narcissistic fashion" toward you however maybe I missed it. Can you quote these bizarre narcissistic statements you refer to?
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Did I say either of these above? If so, can you please quote me?

It's one thing to have a different experience contrary to others, and express your thoughts. Everyone has different experiences.

It's another thing to say this:

Which is factually incorrect. The fact is that you don't have to renew the subscription, and Waves works on your computer for many years.

And secondly, which is my opinion therefore not a fact, and that is that WUP is not a subscription. You think it "essentially" is. I don't see anyone saying "bizzarely narcissistic fashion" toward you however maybe I missed it. Can you quote these bizarre narcissistic statements you refer to?

What on earth are you getting from doing this that makes it feel worthwhile?

Blocked
Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear

If @ DownSideUp you didn't install Waves Central V12 how are you using your free plugins w/Logic Pro X? I'm trying to decide whether or not to install WC V12 just to be able to use 'em as I'm new to plugins.
Old 7 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
If @ DownSideUp you didn't install Waves Central V12 how are you using your free plugins w/Logic Pro X? I'm trying to decide whether or not to install WC V12 just to be able to use 'em as I'm new to plugins.
I'm not using the free plugins, I didn't install anything from Waves, so I can't use it.
I went as far as checking my account, and upgrading "my account".
I was considering installing the freebies, but no, I 'm out of it all, including this thread. Last time I touched them was years ago, but in 2020 I won't go back to them. This thread helped me decide ( although I have good memories and liking a few of them), choices ! I'm done here.

cheers
📝 Reply