The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
liquid mix v2???
Old 21st April 2007
Gear Maniac

Cool liquid mix v2???

anyone know when liquid mix version 2 is gonna be out???
focusrite say early april, but that obvously aint happenin!!!
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear nut

It was being given out at Musikmesse so one would think soon. Keep checking the website (which I'm sure you're doing anyway:-)

Dan Carter
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Maniac

has anyone from the Musikmesse tried it yet, any feedback?? dying to try it out.............
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear addict

Wondering that myself, V2 ??? There website has been updated since the announcement...hmmmm
Old 27th April 2007
Gear addict

And Still waiting guess Early April was optimistic. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 27th April 2007
Lives for gear

Smile

Old 27th April 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacart View Post
It was being given out at Musikmesse so one would think soon. Keep checking the website (which I'm sure you're doing anyway:-)

Dan Carter
Was it really being given out? I thought it was just on display for demonstration.

Any eta focusrite? (and of course they read these forums :-)
Old 28th April 2007
www.KevWestBeats.com

is this a whole new piece of hardware or is it just a software update this thing has only been around for like a year
Old 28th April 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton View Post
is this a whole new piece of hardware or is it just a software update this thing has only been around for like a year
see here...
http://www.focusrite.com/news/76

according to focusrite it will be available days ago
Old 3rd May 2007
Gear addict

wierd should be out by now, maybee since delaying things is all the rage LM V2 has joined the likes of Logic 8 and the new URS plugs......
Old 4th May 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
There is a beta version. heh

Liquid Mix Beta Testing

Best wishes

Nice link.

Is it stable ?

thanks
Old 4th May 2007
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovepusher View Post
Nice link.

Is it stable ?

thanks
I dont know, I have just downloaded, not installed it yet. heh

Best wishes
Old 4th May 2007
Lives for gear

The new software release will now be available for free to download in June 2007 and delivers a number of improvements over the original software. The new release makes Liquid Mix a no-brainer for producers and engineers wanting classic vintage processing, but with the flexibility of the digital world.
Old 4th May 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
The new software release will now be available for free to download in June 2007 and delivers a number of improvements over the original software. The new release makes Liquid Mix a no-brainer for producers and engineers wanting classic vintage processing, but with the flexibility of the digital world.
Ha! Seems focusrite have "edited" their March 19th news announcement.

Click on the "LIQUID MIX V2.0 AT MUSIK MESSE 2007" news link at focusrite.com if anyone wants the full story.
Old 4th May 2007
Gear Maniac

i briefly tried the beta drivers but loading projects that had used the older drivers just froze the hardware unit and the screen went blank. the plugins still worked though.
from my brief testing the main changes seemed to be the addition of a side chain to the compressor which is great, you have the option to make the liquid mix's hardware follow the software plugin that's selected, which is also great.........and they changed the font.
i was hoping they might have a new emulation or 2 but nevermind.

bulley
Old 4th May 2007
Gear addict

Gonna try the beta out v2/universal hopefully it will keep me going until June...
Old 4th May 2007
Gear addict

Trying it out.... so far so good, following plugins nicely and its following plugins from the sessions that were previous to the beta i will get much more use out of the controller now. Sidechain thing is cool, still would love external sidechain but these improvements are much appreciated.
Old 5th May 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogBob View Post
Trying it out.... so far so good, following plugins nicely and its following plugins from the sessions that were previous to the beta i will get much more use out of the controller now. Sidechain thing is cool, still would love external sidechain but these improvements are much appreciated.
Hey guys,

I checked out the Universal Binary version on my mac G4 1.5ghz powerbook. I have the liquid mix running on its own firewire bus (PCMCIA) and so far the new beta 2.0 seems great. I reeeealy like the way that the hardware focus changes to whatever plug in is active. Sidechain works, no problems thus far.

MC
Old 5th May 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomDigi View Post
Hey guys,
I reeeealy like the way that the hardware focus changes to whatever plug in is active.
MC
totally.....
Old 5th May 2007
Gear Head

Does someone know when the library will be expanded?
A lot of high end eqs are still missing:
Prism, GML, Maselec and the like.
I would appreciate to see them in the library, I am not so much in mixer eqs but more into the mastering eqs.
No rumours in the street?

Nowo
Old 7th May 2007
Gear Head

Working Beta

I rarely attempt to use betas, but I broke down and tried this version 2.0b29 on XP windoze. Its working very stable.

on another note
I wish someone could "hack" into it. To change the names of the emulations. There are so many to choose from, and I can never remember, whats what.

One thing that helped for me was, to make my desktop picture the "emulation List"

External sidechain would be the bomb too.
Old 8th May 2007
Lives for gear

I tried the beta with my Logic/Symphony rig and started getting all kinds of pop and smack. Removed and all was fine. Anyone looking to buy a LM let me know.
Old 8th May 2007
Lives for gear

if i hear good things about 2.0 i might finally break and buy one
Old 10th May 2007
Gear addict

Been a couple days on V2... still loving the control, I do get crashes more often than I did before where logic crashes hard and there is no crashed file or backup....sometimes when I turn the knobs to quick that seems to make it friek out and crash. (Logic 7.2/g5) I have now built the txt file in the logs folder, so I will have a crash log so i can send it to Focusrite and would recomend anyone else to do the same so when V2 comes out it will be stable as can be.
Old 11th May 2007
Gear Addict

I've gotten rid of some issues but now have one major issue in Sonar 6.2.1. i get major CPU spikes if i drop like 2 or more LM instances. Anyone know how to solve this one?
Old 12th May 2007
Gear interested

Bug

There seems to be a problem with the new sidechain option in LM 2.0.

Sometimes the sidechain controls are not accessible within the GUI, they
don´t show up.

AND the worst thing: The sidechain option "on/off" is not saved / restored properly within a project. The sidechain option is set inactive on reload in Logic. You have to switch (click, GUI pops up) to the current LM-Plugin and the sidechain becomes active again.
This is really weird.

Can anybody confirm / reproduce this bug ???

My setup:
Liquid Mix 2.032b MAC
IntelMac 2.16Ghz Core2Duo
2GB RAM
OSX 10.4.9
Logic Express 7.2
Pro Application Support 4.0
Old 13th May 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovepusher View Post
on another note
I wish someone could "hack" into it. To change the names of the emulations. There are so many to choose from, and I can never remember, whats what.

One thing that helped for me was, to make my desktop picture the "emulation List"
I really like the Liquid Mix unit, but I find the manual hard work when it comes to finding the setting I am after quickly… Especially as I prefer to work for the ‘real’ hardware name rather than the focusrite patch name…

So I made a PDF so I could find the setting I was after quickly & it occurred it might be of use to others also…

Here it is:-

http://www.NickHemingway.com/Resourc...x-Settings.pdf

Cheers

Nick
Old 14th May 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickH View Post
I really like the Liquid Mix unit, but I find the manual hard work when it comes to finding the setting I am after quickly… Especially as I prefer to work for the ‘real’ hardware name rather than the focusrite patch name…

So I made a PDF so I could find the setting I was after quickly & it occurred it might be of use to others also…

Cheers

Nick
Wow, that was really generous of you to share, Nick. Thanks!

Something I have been doing is using the cutsheet with the real names, when I find one that I like, and get the settings tweaked, is to make a snapshot...only using the name of the real unit in the snapshot name.

-Matt
Old 14th May 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickH View Post

Cheers

Nick
Nice one Nick! I've been meaning to do the same for ages and you've saved me the effort. Thanks.

As a thought... I'd be surprised if there wasn't some way of hacking into the software to change the names. Any programmer types reading this?
Old 14th May 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhum View Post
Nice one Nick! I've been meaning to do the same for ages and you've saved me the effort. Thanks.

As a thought... I'd be surprised if there wasn't some way of hacking into the software to change the names. Any programmer types reading this?
You dont need to hack anything, if you make snapshots....and name em after the real thing.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search