The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EZMix opinions?
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

EZMix opinions?

How do you folks like EZMix? I've watched some videos and it looks pretty good...
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
How do you folks like EZMix? I've watched some videos and it looks pretty good...
it's great for creators... slap it on and you're done... I recommend it all the time to musicians who want to, ya know, play music and not have to deep dive into the world of mixing/engineering

Every now and again if I'm having problems fitting something one of my last go to's is ezmix... sometimes it's what stays on the track if i'm honets and I have a bunch of outboard and wayyyyyyyyyyy too plugins

That being said I'm a creator and only mix because I enjoy the feeling of taking a song that I did that is awesome and then ruining it
Old 7th February 2018
As an easy multi-fx unit.
Some of the packs have some crazy and creative fx combinations.
Throw it on a synth part, or a drum, or a guitar and you can get some interesting results.
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
it's great for creators... slap it on and you're done... I recommend it all the time to musicians who want to, ya know, play music and not have to deep dive into the world of mixing/engineering

Every now and again if I'm having problems fitting something one of my last go to's is ezmix... sometimes it's what stays on the track if i'm honets and I have a bunch of outboard and wayyyyyyyyyyy too plugins

That being said I'm a creator and only mix because I enjoy the feeling of taking a song that I did that is awesome and then ruining it
Thanks for your answer. From the video, it seemed it might be useful to get a mix close and then tweak. But having never used anything like EZMix, I was concerned it might be more of a beginner gimmick, but apparently not.

The last part of your message made me grin: "I'm a creator and only mix because I enjoy the feeling of taking a song that I did that is awesome and then ruining it[/QUOTE]" Funny, and I understand 100%!
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
As an easy multi-fx unit.
Some of the packs have some crazy and creative fx combinations.
Throw it on a synth part, or a drum, or a guitar and you can get some interesting results.
The effects are a plus, too. My need would be as a songwriter mixing demos. EZMix sounds useful and fun; I wonder where a person can get the best deal on an EZMix package? Thanks for your information!
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The effects are a plus, too. My need would be as a songwriter mixing demos. EZMix sounds useful and fun; I wonder where a person can get the best deal on an EZMix package? Thanks for your information!
Sweet water often has better pricing than toontrack on all if their products
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sweet water often has better pricing than toontrack on all if their products
Thanks bgood; I'll check it out. This is one of those things I really don't need, can't afford, can't justify...but really want, haha.
Old 7th February 2018
It really is a multi-fx.
It isn't a tool to get mixes right on it's own.
There are only two broad parameters you can change on each preset.
There are pre-sets for vocals, guitars, drum mixes. There are packs for delay fx, packs for reverbs etc...
It isn't (IMO) something you strap across your mix and say "oh yeah, that sounds better".
It's something you put on individual instruments for a quick injection of ear candy, or instead of scrolling through lots of presets on a more traditional, fully featured plug-in.
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
It really is a multi-fx.
It isn't a tool to get mixes right on it's own.
There are only two broad parameters you can change on each preset.
There are pre-sets for vocals, guitars, drum mixes. There are packs for delay fx, packs for reverbs etc...
It isn't (IMO) something you strap across your mix and say "oh yeah, that sounds better".
It's something you put on individual instruments for a quick injection of ear candy, or instead of scrolling through lots of presets on a more traditional, fully featured plug-in.
Good information, thanks. I have hundreds of VSTs and VSTIs, plus outboard gear. Having quick, easy access to effects, presets and the like on one bit of software would be great!
Old 21st October 2018
Gear Nut

I'm a creator and only mix because I enjoy the feeling of taking a song that I did that is awesome and then ruining it[/QUOTE]

LOL

same here
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Guru

Does anyone know about how often the expansion packs go on sale? I stocked up during the holidays and now I want just a couple more. The six-pack bundle is tempting, but there's only three packs I'm really wanting, so half of that bundle would go to waste.
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Does anyone know about how often the expansion packs go on sale? I stocked up during the holidays and now I want just a couple more. The six-pack bundle is tempting, but there's only three packs I'm really wanting, so half of that bundle would go to waste.
Derp, I never bought it and stopped keeping up with it. How do you like it? It must be useful if you're thinking of expansion packs.

Have a great weekend!
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
I'm a creator and only mix because I enjoy the feeling of taking a song that I did that is awesome and then ruining it
Holy sh1t, this is perfect! it perfectly sums up what I do with music - and pretty much everything else in my life haha
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpyter View Post
Holy sh1t, this is perfect! it perfectly sums up what I do with music - and pretty much everything else in my life haha
lol sure
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Derp, I never bought it and stopped keeping up with it. How do you like it? It must be useful if you're thinking of expansion packs.

Have a great weekend!
I dig it. It's not perfect, but it's great for instant gratification. Slap a few instances across a few channels, picks out some presets, and then just feed guitar/vocals/MIDI into the DAW. Easy peasy. Metal isn't my primary genre, so not having to work to get a passable sound is great.
Old 25th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I dig it. It's not perfect, but it's great for instant gratification. Slap a few instances across a few channels, picks out some presets, and then just feed guitar/vocals/MIDI into the DAW. Easy peasy. Metal isn't my primary genre, so not having to work to get a passable sound is great.
Sounds like a handy tool. Thanks, Derp!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search