The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Solutions for Wireless or Bluetooth MIDI (Piano to Windows PC) in 2018? MIDI Processors
Old 3rd February 2018
Here for the gear

Solutions for Wireless or Bluetooth MIDI (Piano to Windows PC) in 2018?

Hi all,

Currently am cramped for space in my 'studio', my piano is stuck across the room and I don't want to run a long midi cable through the room. If there was a way to connect my Keyboard directly to my Computer that would be amazing!

The Yamaha MD-BT01 would be perfect: Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi Adapter – Thomann UK

However I don't know if it would work with windows, I can't find a single example of it interfacing with windows, only Ipads!

Are there any good solutions for Windows compatible wireless MIDI around?

Many thanks!

Jethro
Old 12th February 2018
Here for the gear

As far as I know, only Sonar supports the new MIDI protocol for Bluetooth MIDI in Windows. You can use a wrapper called MIDIberry available in Windows app store. There is also a Bluetooth MIDI receiver called WIDI Bud.
Old 9th April 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Jethro,

You can use that exact setup on Windows. The Yamaha MD-BT01 can make it
However you may need some "tricks"
I had this issue by myself and I found a way that always works. I decided to create an eBook explaining for others how to do it. I set it up to all platforms and add some devices (non computers or tablets) that are already able to receive Bluetooth MIDI, with no need of adaptors, dongles or anything else.

If you want to know more please find the eBook here: How to connect your BLE MIDI device? [FREE EBOOK] – Sensi

Please let me know if you need my help with something! I will be more than happy to help you
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search