The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
waves plug-ins making logic pro x crash
Old 11th January 2018
Gear Nut

waves plug-ins making logic pro x crash

Hey all, i'm pretty stumped on this one, hopefully someone may know what's going on - recently i started noticing later in the mixing phase my sessions in logic pro x would repeatedly crash. didn't know why, until i realized it was waves plug-ins making the sessions crash. to the point where i couldnt use waves plug ins, because i would reopen the session, go to hit play and it would just freeze again. over and over. after doing some more experimenting, i realized it happens only when i use waves plug-ins on logic virtual instruments/midi tracks (in all my sessions i have all vi's and midi tracks after real audio tracks, which is why i assume it only happens when being used on software instruments/midi tracks.) oddly when i freeze the tracks that are midi VI's and have waves plugs, no crash. runs smooth as a whistle. no issue with waves plug-ins on audio tracks either. lastly, i own and have bought logic pro-x, and the waves plugs in's that i'm using. so its not an issue of "cracked" plug ins or anything like that. i also have my macbook, logic, and waves central all up to date to their most recent updates. doesnt happen with stock plugs, UAD plugs, or any other third party plug-ins. has anyone else shared this experience and found out what exactly is going on?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search