The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is Audient id4 the best audio interface aroudn that price?
Old 21st December 2017
Here for the gear

Is Audient id4 the best audio interface aroudn that price?

Hi guys, while ago i asked that was considered the best 99$ audio interface for streaming on twitch with the Shure SM7B among stuff like: Scalett Solo, Presonus AudioBox iOne, Steinberg UR12 etc

And a guy on this forum told me about Yamaha AG series which looks great and is exactly for streaming, i already bought the SM7B along with a Fethead (only 70 euro in my country) and i was about to buy the Yamaha AG03 (99 euro) then while making the last couple of researchs online i saw the Audient id4 which looks great and costs 130 euro in my country.

Do you think about this price tag is better for the Yamaha AG03 or any other single interface for streaming with a Shure SM7b and a Fethead or there is something else i can look for? I'm willing to spend about 150 euro or a lil bit if it's worth
Old 21st December 2017
Lives for gear

Personally, I would save the money and go with the Yamaha.

I love my Audient iD14 but I use it to record acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.

I don't think you would benefit from the more expensive interface.
Old 21st December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Personally, I would save the money and go with the Yamaha.

I love my Audient iD14 but I use it to record acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.

I don't think you would benefit from the more expensive interface.
Do you use it with windows? The drivers works nice?
Old 22nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny22 View Post
Do you use it with windows? The drivers works nice?
Win10, and have never had a single issue with the drivers. I usually work with 8-10 audio tracks, sometimes including multiple instances of VSTi's. Like some folks I'm also a plugin slut for EQ, compression and "color" plugs; not to mention reverbs.
Old 22nd December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Win10, and have never had a single issue with the drivers. I usually work with 8-10 audio tracks, sometimes including multiple instances of VSTi's. Like some folks I'm also a plugin slut for EQ, compression and "color" plugs; not to mention reverbs.
I didnt understand anything but i guess it means that thing can do a lot of stuff together with no problem. Thx for the answers
Old 22nd December 2017
I have an Audient ID14 and it sounds and works great. I use it to work on music on the couch and I also take it on tour to run Sample loops.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Do you recommend this over Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD or Scarlett 2i2??
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Do you recommend this over Behringer UMC404HD or Scarlett 2i2??
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka Mitra View Post
I do. I upgraded from a 2i2 to an iD14 and was really happy with it.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
I do. I upgraded from a 2i2 to an iD14 and was really happy with it.
Actually I'm using Windows. Will there be any driver related issues? Any thoughts on this?
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually I'm using Windows. Will there be any driver related issues? Any thoughts on this?
I've had no problems in Windows 10.
Old 2nd July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
If cost doesn't matter, yeah. Otherwise, no.
Old 2nd July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
If cost doesn't matter, yeah. Otherwise, no.
So you rate it 10/10 in terms of performance compared to those two?
Old 2nd July 2018
Lives for gear
I have head all 3 and did not notice a diff, frankly. My only point is if you have money to burn then maybe it's worth it to get the Audient, even if the only real diff is in your head Or if you're in love with that big knob that ties to the DAW controls thing. Personally for me it's not worth paying so much more for.

Scarlett would be my last choice only because I've heard/read about too many people having problems with it.
Old 2nd July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
It wouldn't be my first choice for virtual instruments/low latency. Out of the 4 interfaces mentioned in this thread I'd probably go with the Focusrite for that use, or spend a bit extra and get a Zoom UAC-2.
Old 3rd July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
It wouldn't be my first choice for virtual instruments/low latency. Out of the 4 interfaces mentioned in this thread I'd probably go with the Focusrite for that use, or spend a bit extra and get a Zoom UAC-2.
So do you suggest umc404hd then?
Old 4th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
So do you suggest umc404hd then?
Unless I hear otherwise I doubt Behringer writes their own drivers. Most likely 3rd party. My 3 choices for low latency on Windows USB are (in order)

1.) RME Babyface Pro USB 2.0 ($750.00 US)

2.) Zoom UAC2 USB 3.0 ($249.00 US)

3.) Focusrite Scarlett Gen 2 USB 2.0 (Various models)
Old 4th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Unless I hear otherwise I doubt Behringer writes their own drivers. Most likely 3rd party. My 3 choices for low latency on Windows USB are (in order)

1.) RME Babyface Pro USB 2.0 ($750.00 US)

2.) Zoom UAC2 USB 3.0 ($249.00 US)

3.) Focusrite Scarlett Gen 2 USB 2.0 (Various models)
Which one do you suggest between Audient id14 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6?
Old 4th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Which one do you suggest between Audient id14 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6?
Depends. If I mainly worked with Virtual Instruments or track with plugins I'd go with the Focusrite. If I mainly recorded external sources with Microphones I'd go with the Audient.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search