The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Presonus Quantum, or should I look elsewhere? Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Old 6th December 2018
Lives for gear

I guess that's why I like the Quantum so much it doesn't overlap with my other plugins or hardware gear, it is just "an interface" the DP88 is the same also.

I need to set up some hardware direct monitoring on the patchbay for vocals though. 2-3 ms of delay on a vocal in headphones is like flanging and it's really weird to hear and try to sing.

RME solves this by having "Total Mix" whereas Presonus has no DSP software whatsoever, to achieve the numbers that they did. Just one small workaround, if you have a patchbay and Mackie or something.
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I guess that's why I like the Quantum so much it doesn't overlap with my other plugins or hardware gear, it is just "an interface" the DP88 is the same also.

I need to set up some hardware direct monitoring on the patchbay for vocals though. 2-3 ms of delay on a vocal in headphones is like flanging and it's really weird to hear and try to sing.

RME solves this by having "Total Mix" whereas Presonus has no DSP software whatsoever, to achieve the numbers that they did. Just one small workaround, if you have a patchbay and Mackie or something.
Hmmm, are you putting any type of software effects on that vocal, or is it just completely unprocessed?
Old 15th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Goon View Post
Hmmm, are you putting any type of software effects on that vocal, or is it just completely unprocessed?
no effect, just hearing the latency of the round trip

It's possible that the phasing is related to the microphone itself, so maybe I shouldn't blame the Quantum since I haven't tested hardware monitoring yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Hey Quantum users, quick question. I want to pick up a Q2 for mobile stuff, then use it in the studio slaved to master interface either via spdif or adat. Just for a couple more IO. This is possible right? thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam View Post
Hey Quantum users, quick question. I want to pick up a Q2 for mobile stuff, then use it in the studio slaved to master interface either via spdif or adat. Just for a couple more IO. This is possible right? thanks
I don't think there's any way to rout the signals to make that work.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I don't think there's any way to rout the signals to make that work.
Really? That's surprising. And a bummer...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam View Post
Really? That's surprising. And a bummer...
It's bathwater that got thrown away with keeping the baby of having no DSP inside the interface. it's sort of a specialized interface in some ways. But like a good hitman it does what it does very well.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quantum stopped working after 2 months service response is by email very slow frustrating don’t buy
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search