The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tiny "Buzzing" interference from System PC
Old 21st July 2017
Gear Head

Tiny "Buzzing" interference from System PC

Guys,

Tiny Electrical/static/buzzing or system processing noise heard particularly through Headphones. The Mouse movements also contribute. Interference is heard when Screen Monitors are switched off. (I can "force" a buzzing noise by opening Win Exlororer for example)

I have an RME PCI Card and have separated the Headphone/Monitoring cabling as best I can from the rest of the power cabling on PC rear.

Not so noticeable on Audio Monitors (it is there too though) but on low mixes in Headphones. This has nothing to do with RME's Audio output volume as when I Mute the output I can still hear the interference.

Anyone have some experience or resolved it?

Last edited by moffdnb; 21st July 2017 at 02:25 PM..
Old 4th August 2017
Gear Head

SOLVED:

Just in case its ever of use to a browser. PSU was at fault. Was about to die. Replaced and all is well
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search