The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Playing ASR 10 samples on Kontakt Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 15th July 2017
Gear Nut

Playing ASR 10 samples on Kontakt

I have come across a Keith Emerson sounds CD where his Hammond and Moog were sampled. It is in ASR 10 format. Can the samples be loaded into Kontakt?
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

Chicken Systems Translator
Old 16th July 2017
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Nut

Old 16th July 2017
Lives for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon2horizon View Post
It lists ASR 10 under the compatible hardware list on the link you have given. What does that mean? If I buy the cd, will Kontakt read it?
When you start up Kontakt, you'll see an "import" tab. That's were conversions from other stuff happen, including prompts as to where to save etc. Section 12 of the Kontakt manual goes into a lot of detail as to the nuts/bolts of this.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
It lists ASR 10 under the compatible hardware list on the link you have given. What does that mean? If I buy the cd, will Kontakt read it?
the manual says Kontakt can Read these CD Rom's .. i think this is the site you are looking at right ?? 79.95 for Keith Emerson ..

https://syntaur.com/asr-cd.html#scd4

or Ensoniq ASR10, ASR-X, EPS Series, TS10, TS12 Sample Library CD-ROM

i tried to find a place that you could get One ASR-10 Test File ... or a way to create one to see if KOntakt would import it ..

maybe someon here with Chicken or that has a CD rom can Zip File transfer you One File to try out ..

cheers john
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't know if kontakt will read it but it looks as though it should read it. but I'd think that compatibility is there also on the latest version too. garth at chicken systems probably did the code for the compatibility. so you could phone chicken systems maybe
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
Holy shxt!! Kid Nepro is still in the game!! Wow! Bought my 1st sounds from them back in the early 90s.
Yup. I bought patches for my Yamaha TX81Z and Casio CZ-1000 back in the late 80's from him. He goes back way further than that too.
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
I don't know if kontakt will read it but it looks as though it should read it. but I'd think that compatibility is there also on the latest version too. garth at chicken systems probably did the code for the compatibility. so you could phone chicken systems maybe
if anyone has an ASR-10 file they could upload (zip file so it does not get corrupted) i would be happy to test it with Kontakt .. it says it will reac CD's but not sure if it will read straight files ..

anyone ?? Bueller !!
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Nut

I've thought about doing this but always end up just triggering my ASR via midi instrument.

Good luck
Old 1 week ago
7up
Gear Maniac

ASR samples are just raw PCM right? So you can just rename the efa file or what not, and any music program can read it. You won't have the effects or parameters that maybe the preset had added to it, but you definitely should have the raw sound.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search