The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a program like this for Mac?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Question Is there a program like this for Mac?

Hello everyone! Is there a program who let me arm a single track and set a threshold and when the sound is louder than the threshold it starts to record, then it stops when the sound gets quieter than a second threshold, to truncates, normalise and save the audio file?

Like samplers used to do, is there a program who does this?

A plus would be if it let me process with audio plugins as well
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Dude, really? you don't know when to hit record and stop?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Probably not exactly what you want but Geist does this. It indeed samples just like samplers used to do
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
Dude, really? you don't know when to hit record and stop?
That is very obviously not the point of what he is talking about.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
It is, he just doesn't know it yet.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I suppose you can get to something similar with audacity
/ sound activated record
+ some chain batch processing.

Not sure but give it a try *plus it's free

Ye, Geist does it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

HI,
The current version of Steinberg Halion does this when you run it as a stand alone app. it will record and automap to keys. Halion 6 is a full sample library, synth content creation system as well as a player so there will be a learning curve.

Steinberg Wavelab also has a recording mode that can be set to start and stop recording automatically based on sound level.

Chris
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
Typical gearslutz arrogance... No I don't know when to hit stop... I wish you the time I waste to press stop and record and truncate x1000000 and you will understand why I am still using an old sampler for those mansions. Yes but possibly you do this once in your life time that's why you talk like that giving no input whatsoever to my thread and just making me upset with such a ridiculous answer. I know how to hit stop I just look for something different. thank you for wasting time for me and yours.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoc View Post
I suppose you can get to something similar with audacity
/ sound activated record
+ some chain batch processing.

Not sure but give it a try *plus it's free

Ye, Geist does it
Thank you it seem like a good thing to try! Awesome and constructive answer
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam View Post
Probably not exactly what you want but Geist does this. It indeed samples just like samplers used to do
Isn't Geist a plugin? I assume doesn't have access to hardware directly?

I use logic and record the notes then strip silence and save as individual region. But I would like something quicker and more immediate
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
It is, he just doesn't know it yet.
I know very well what I need and it's just not what you assume. Now thank you if
You stop writing things not relevant to the OP.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKChris View Post
HI,
The current version of Steinberg Halion does this when you run it as a stand alone app. it will record and automap to keys. Halion 6 is a full sample library, synth content creation system as well as a player so there will be a learning curve.

Steinberg Wavelab also has a recording mode that can be set to start and stop recording automatically based on sound level.

Chris
Seem interesting and I am big fan of Halion but as it stands it's only VST and too expensive for no support of RTAS/AAX and AU... About wave lab same thing I am not that big fan as its way too expensive for what it does comparing to Ocenaudio or Twistedwaves who smokes it by features and modernity... I used to love wave lab but it's one of those dinosaurs in my opinion who just wait for extinction
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayskura View Post
Typical gearslutz arrogance... No I don't know when to hit stop... I wish you the time I waste to press stop and record and truncate x1000000 and you will understand why I am still using an old sampler for those mansions. Yes but possibly you do this once in your life time that's why you talk like that giving no input whatsoever to my thread and just making me upset with such a ridiculous answer. I know how to hit stop I just look for something different. thank you for wasting time for me and yours.
Not sure if you quoted me by mistake or not but I was actually defending you. The trollish post you are referring to is two above mine. Anyway yeah, it's all about workflow and efficiency and I'm actually interested in what you are describing as well. Geist seems a little pricy but I'm sure it does a whole lot of other cool stuff too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know very well what I need and it's just not what you assume. Now thank you if
You stop writing things not relevant to the OP.
What DAW are you using?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Isn't Geist a plugin? I assume doesn't have access to hardware directly?

I use logic and record the notes then strip silence and save as individual region. But I would like something quicker and more immediate
Look it up, it's also standalone
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seem interesting and I am big fan of Halion but as it stands it's only VST and too expensive for no support of RTAS/AAX and AU... About wave lab same thing I am not that big fan as its way too expensive for what it does comparing to Ocenaudio or Twistedwaves who smokes it by features and modernity... I used to love wave lab but it's one of those dinosaurs in my opinion who just wait for extinction
Hi,
Halion has had AU support since at least version 2 and AAX support since at least version 4/. The auto recording functions are only when being used as a stand alone app I believe.

Neither Twisted Waves or Ocenaudio are even remotely close to Wavelab feature and function. I guess you've only tried to use a striped down Wavelab essentials lite version or a maybe version 1 or 2 from 12 years ago?

The only other editing, restoration CD mastering app that competes/compares to Wavelab is Magix Samplitude/Sequoia.

Chris
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
What DAW are you using?
Why do you assume i am using a DAW? I ask for a program that does the above description which obviously you never needed nor think you do, nor you know it exists. Am I correct?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKChris View Post
Hi,
Halion has had AU support since at least version 2 and AAX support since at least version 4/. The auto recording functions are only when being used as a stand alone app I believe.

Neither Twisted Waves or Ocenaudio are even remotely close to Wavelab feature and function. I guess you've only tried to use a striped down Wavelab essentials lite version or a maybe version 1 or 2 from 12 years ago?

The only other editing, restoration CD mastering app that competes/compares to Wavelab is Magix Samplitude/Sequoia.

Chris
I know Wavelab but what it lacks is speed comparing to twisted wave... And twisted wave is very complete for my needs, with transient alignment, plugin chain among others and above all speed. Wavelab is way overpriced for an audio editor in my opinion... But I recogn its power. About Halion thank you I didn't know about these features update
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

would Audio Hijack Pro be what you are looking for ... has a Threshold for IN & Out .. i use it all the time .. not a DAW as you mentioned .. https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

as far as PLugins i will need to investigate and see if AU units work with it ..

if i am off base, let me know and i will see what else there is out there ..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
would Audio Hijack Pro be what you are looking for ... has a Threshold for IN & Out .. i use it all the time .. not a DAW as you mentioned .. https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

as far as PLugins i will need to investigate and see if AU units work with it ..

if i am off base, let me know and i will see what else there is out there ..
Oh yes! This seem a good candidate!
I was more hoping for an audio editor which would let me adjust also other parameters if necessary but this seem quick and fast. I will look at Geist as well
Thank you guys! <3
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I will also look at audacity, that program surprises me over and over... Shame it doesn't directly edit audio file without creating a project first (like a "normal" audio editor would do)...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh yes! This seem a good candidate!
I was more hoping for an audio editor which would let me adjust also other parameters if necessary but this seem quick and fast. I will look at Geist as well
Thank you guys! <3
what kind of Edit Functions ?? more than cut and paste ?? audio hijack does not appear to have any editing functions .. so it would not be an All-In-ONe solution .. this in conjunction with Twisted Wave for editing might be a solution ..

i wonder if Reaper can do this ..but it is a bit more complicated of a program .. but you might be able to use it in a simpler way .. not getting into all the Scripts and other features ..

i have Repear here .. i should take a look and see if it has built in Threshold type recording features ..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What old sampler do you have?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
What old sampler do you have?
What is the relevance to this topic?
for the sake of what I don't know what, I use EMU E32, e64, AKAI s5000, Yamaha, Korg, Some personally built one... but what is the relevance to this?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Reaper does this, it's called : "Save live output to disk"

Arm a track > Save live output to disk > set the checkboxes as needed and enter the threshold level
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Here is the tutorial :

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spip View Post
Reaper does this, it's called : "Save live output to disk"

Arm a track > Save live output to disk > set the checkboxes as needed and enter the threshold level
awesome .. !!! and Reaper does a lot more too ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search