The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using "Tranzport" on OSX SIERRA
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvdveen View Post
I managed to get the Frontier Tranzport working under OSX Mojave, and fully working in e.g. Logic Pro and Sibelius.
It should equally work in older versions of OSX.

11. Since you have safely downloaded from the Frontier Design Group, there should be no worry for any tampered files.
Select "Open" (as "Cancel" will simply stop the procedure...)

12. Run through the installer steps as usual, but at the end, do not press "Reboot".

13. To ensure proper running of the subsequent PKG installers, press CMD-OPTION and Esc(ape) to kill the "Installer" application

14. repeat steps 11 to 13 for each of the subsequent PKG installers

15. Once you have done all 6 PKG installers, close all your programs and select "Restart.." from the Apple menu

16. after reboot, all drivers should have been installed. You will only see their effect in the DAW software of your choice.

Enjoy this rather old hardware on your new Mojave installs!

Hi, I successfully used this method about 2 years ago and had Trazport working in Logic X.
Yesterday I dusted off the unit I installed its drivers the same way on a 2019 MacBook Pro running Mojave but cannot get it to work although all software bits seem to be installed correctly in their respective locations.

I'd like to ask you a question - does TranzPort manager's icon pop up on the screen when you plug in the USB transceiver? Here it doesn't. The green LED on the transceiver just blinks a few times (which happens regardless of if the drivers are installed or not). Logic's Control Surfaces Setup's scanning process cannot see the transceiver either. When I manually add Tranzport from the list of control surfaces it appears with a warning exclamation point...

Also wondering if anyone else got Tranzport running on Mojave ?
Old 5th November 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss View Post
Also wondering if anyone else got Tranzport running on Mojave ?
Yes, it runs just fine on Mojave. It's 32-bit, though, so that's probably the end of the line unless someone ports it to 64-bit.
Old 5th November 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Yes, it runs just fine on Mojave. It's 32-bit, though, so that's probably the end of the line unless someone ports it to 64-bit.
Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2019
Gear Guru

64-bit Tranzport and Alpha drivers for MacOS Catalina are now available.

https://www.synclavier.com/AlphaTranzUpdate.html
Old 5th April 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
64-bit Tranzport and Alpha drivers for MacOS Catalina are now available.

https://www.synclavier.com/AlphaTranzUpdate.html
Just here to confirm this works great (again) on my Mac Mini, Catalina 10.15.4 and Ableton Live 10.
Old 7th August 2020
Here for the gear

Hi all!
I've resurrected my Transport using the drivers from Synclavier.
However, most functions do not work. Such as record enable tracks, mute tracks, solo tracks, jog wheel and undo.
Also the LCD display just says "Logic Pro X". No readout of bars or time or audio level.

Is this how it is for you guys?
Running on Logic Pro 10.5.1 in Catalina.
Thanks
Old 13th August 2020
Gear Head

Responded to your PM earlier.
Can’t speak to Logic, but it’s working fine for me with Ableton Live (native Tranzport mode) and Cubase 10 (Mackie emulation mode).
📝 Reply