The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Garritan GPO5 upgrade or? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 3rd July 2017
Lives for gear

Garritan GPO5 upgrade or?

Hi,

I'm currently using Garritan GPO4 which has been pretty good for the level I'm working at but have just been checking out the new GPO5 update on their website and it sounds like quite an improvement for the £45 upgrade price!?
What would be the next step up in orchestral vsti's that offers more realism and quality of samples?
Old 4th July 2017
Gear Maniac

At anything near the price point of your GPO5 upgrade, nothing exists that would be a step up from what you already have. High-end orchestral libraries are expensive.

If you don't mind dongles (I do mind them), then the most cost efficient "full orchestra" solution that would be a step up would undoubtedly be from EastWest. Since I don't use their products, I'm not intimately familiar with them, but they have a range of orchestra lines, and very often have massive sales. They also offer a composer cloud service where you can access the libraries online for $30 per month or something, which might be an inexpensive way to try the libraries and see how you jibe with them.

Or you could explore some of the lighter "ensemble-based" libraries to augment GPO. CineSymphony Lite from CineSamples is 25% off right now still I think, and the new Orchestral Tools Berlin Orchestra Inspire looks like a steal for the intro price of €249... OT makes top-shelf stuff, and I'm pining for this library myself...
Old 4th July 2017
Lives for gear

I forgot to mention I also have NI Komplete 11 Ultimate which includes :-

Session strings Pro
Symphony Essentials - String Ensembles
Symphony Essentials - Woodwind Ensembles
Symphony Essentials - Woodwind Solo
Symphony Essentials - Brass Ensembles
Symphony Essentials - Brass Solo
Emotive Strngs
Action Strings
Action Strikes
Damage
Rise & Hit
Evolve R2
Evolve Mutations
Evolve Mutations 2

+ a few top notch pianos!

I guess I'd have to spend a lot of money on one of the massive orchestral VSTi's to get any serious improvement.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search