The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Disk usage at 100 in Kontakt DAW Software
Old 1st July 2017
Here for the gear

Disk usage at 100 in Kontakt

Hey everyone,

So I have an issue in a project of mine where my Kontakt reaches a disk usage of 100, turning on the red indicator, and clipping my sound.

The project only has 1 instance of Kontakt with 4 instruments. At the moment the disk usage gets to 100, there are ~115 voices being played from Kontakt.

The DAW I'm using if FL studio, my computer has an i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz CPU, 16 GB of ram, 250GB SSD, where my OS and all my programs are and a 1TB HDD 7200RPM with ~400GB free, where all my music, movies, games and kontakt libraries are.

I've already tried changing the pre-loader buffer size setting in Kontakt, as well as the multiprocessor support setting and none of them helped. I also tried to defragment my HDD, which didn't help either.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Head

Disable multi processor support in the vsti settings of kontakt. Restart your daw and try again. Good luck
Old 1st July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hato74 View Post
Disable multi processor support in the vsti settings of kontakt. Restart your daw and try again. Good luck
I mentioned in the post that I had already done that and it didn't work.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguette12 View Post
I mentioned in the post that I had already done that and it didn't work.
hi, are you using the Kontakt Server ?? if so, how much memory is K server using ??

is this even possible in FL Studio ?? or even needed ... i do not know FL Studio at all but i have Kontakt ..

john
Old 1st July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
hi, are you using the Kontakt Server ?? if so, how much memory is K server using ??

is this even possible in FL Studio ?? or even needed ... i do not know FL Studio at all but i have Kontakt ..

john
I'm not using the Kontakt Server since my computer has more than enough physical RAM
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'm not using the Kontakt Server since my computer has more than enough physical RAM
i may have stated this wrong .. the kontakt server to me is the one in Options / Memory / Use Memory Server ...

is this the same thing you are referring to ??
Old 1st July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i may have stated this wrong .. the kontakt server to me is the one in Options / Memory / Use Memory Server ...

is this the same thing you are referring to ??
Yes, that is the one I'm referring to.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yes, that is the one I'm referring to.
myself, i have better performance using it .. but thats using it with pro tools .. maybe FL Studio handles that better ..
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Addict

Try lowering the voice count. 115 is a lot.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

So I have an issue in a project of mine where my Kontakt reaches a disk usage of 100, turning on the red indicator, and clipping my sound.

The project only has 1 instance of Kontakt with 4 instruments. At the moment the disk usage gets to 100, there are ~115 voices being played from Kontakt.

The DAW I'm using if FL studio, my computer has an i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz CPU, 16 GB of ram, 250GB SSD, where my OS and all my programs are and a 1TB HDD 7200RPM with ~400GB free, where all my music, movies, games and kontakt libraries are.

I've already tried changing the pre-loader buffer size setting in Kontakt, as well as the multiprocessor support setting and none of them helped. I also tried to defragment my HDD, which didn't help either.
Old 2nd July 2017
Lives for gear
How full is the drive?
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search