The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves H-series Bundle? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 30th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Waves H-series Bundle?

Anyone else jump on this for $84 during the big sale?

Fantastic plugins. Every single one.

All I needed was a reverb and tap delay...the Eq and compressor were bonuses.

I can't believe how good every single plugin is.

I'm sure there are other things around that are better at different things/different pricepoints etc...but it blows my mind that this was $84 for all 4 plugs...

Anyone else been digging the H-series?
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

That's a real deal!
The delay is very popular with many pros - you regularly see it referenced in interviews on their templates. The reverb is possibly the most versatile and full featured algorithmic reverb out there, but it's a little heavy on CPU (to carry all those features).

The compressor is old by plugin years but still sounds really good. If I didn't already have these guys, I'd be on that for $84!
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

They're all great
Old 30th June 2017
H-reverb alone should be more than 84 bucks. Let alone H-EQ, the delay and comp. What a deal, I would say.
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

I had h compressor and delay when I got waves gold, I just bought h reverb and I really like it. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten h bundle and not gold. Only H I don't have is h-eq, and I am not seeing a compelling reason to get that right now.
Old 30th June 2017
Gear Maniac

it's 60 bucks on everyplugin, throw in a coupon and you can shoot it for just over 50
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

I have H-Delay. My all time favorite delay plugin.

I've demo'd H-Comp a few times. It never did anything for me, but I already have a bunch of comps I like.

Demoing H-EQ inspired me to look around at simular stuff and I ended up discovering Fabfilter Pro-Q 2. There's was no going back after that.

H-reverb I've never tried. Looks like a tweaker paradise and I've heard a lot of praise thrown it's way. I prefer my Reverbs a little simpler in the interface department (Pro-R, Verbsuite).

Looks like a killer good deal though if you're into the Waves H stuff. I'm loving their deals lately. Really casts a light on their normal astronomical pricing, along with similar over the top pricing from some other manufacturers.
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear
Some of the better plugins from Waves, especially the delay.
Old 30th June 2017
Gear Nut

Waves H-Reverb one day sale $29. Worth it relative to the bundle price?

I've got H-Comp and H-Delay with the Gold Bundle. I think I'm going to jump on this, though I'll still be lacking the EQ from the bundle. Got plenty of those though.
Old 1st July 2017
Deleted User
Speaking for myself, I feel the reverb is the real standout, followed by the delay. I also have the EQ, but passed on the comp simply because I have so many, already. Getting back to the reverb, it's sonically outstanding and so tweakable that it could be my desert island reverb.

In response to the OP, I would say the bundle is (absolutely) worth it.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic orange View Post
Waves H-Reverb one day sale $29. Worth it relative to the bundle price?
H-Reverb is an outstanding reverb, no doubt about that but if you've already got an amazing verb in your aresenal I wouldn't bother.

However if you don't already have a killer verb....$29 is unbeatable.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer v2 View Post
H-Reverb is an outstanding reverb, no doubt about that but if you've already got an amazing verb in your aresenal I wouldn't bother.

However if you don't already have a killer verb....$29 is unbeatable.
I've got VVV and Valhalla Plate. The next reverb I am going to get is FabFilter Pro-R but couldn't pass up this deal.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I've got VVV and Valhalla Plate. The next reverb I am going to get is FabFilter Pro-R but couldn't pass up this deal.
I needed a surround reverb, it's a really good deal for this reason too!
Old 1st July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Assuming you've demo'd Pro-R, let us know how it and H-reverb compare and contrast.
Old 4th July 2017
Lives for gear

Waves sure has my number now. They have their specials showing up on my facebook page. So, today bought a couple of toys for $25 each: Abbey Road Redd console and Eddie Kramer tape simulator.
Old 27th September 2017
Gear Maniac

It's on sale again if anyone is keen ($60!)...peace.
https://www.waves.com/bundles/h-seri...ugins-overview
Old 27th September 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer v2 View Post
It's on sale again if anyone is keen ($60!)...peace.
$40.57 with double-dip discount at AudioDeluxe (probably similar at other discounters).

I can't believe I'm asking this, but should I get these? I don't have any of them, but I have excellent alternatives in all 4 categories. Still, I gather the quality of both sound and interfaces is very high... I'm torn, even though it's obviously a no-brainer on so many levels - I don't think the lack of another good option for reverb, delay, compression or EQ is really what's holding my music making back. But maybe it is! Maybe it is...
Old 27th September 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrk View Post
....I don't think the lack of another good option for reverb, delay, compression or EQ is really what's holding my music making back....
It appears to me as if you've answered your own question.
Old 27th September 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
It appears to me as if you've answered your own question.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But the flesh is weak... And the GAS is strong...
Old 27th September 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But the flesh is weak... And the GAS is strong...
Having listened to some of your work, I don't think there's anything holding you back. Very nice. I particularly liked the European folk tunes.

In your case, I'd say GRAB THE DEAL, assuming you have the money to spare. You'll certainly put them to good use and, let's face it, we're talking about lunch money.
Old 27th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
$40.57 with double-dip discount at AudioDeluxe (probably similar at other discounters).

I can't believe I'm asking this, but should I get these? I don't have any of them, but I have excellent alternatives in all 4 categories. Still, I gather the quality of both sound and interfaces is very high... I'm torn, even though it's obviously a no-brainer on so many levels - I don't think the lack of another good option for reverb, delay, compression or EQ is really what's holding my music making back. But maybe it is! Maybe it is...
I wouldn't bother. Your stuff sounds great! Put the money towards a nice lunch with your significant other.
Old 27th September 2017
Here for the gear
Well thanks both of you! Nice to hear. And hey, some of that stuff was produced with pretty basic tools, many of them rather outmoded at this point too - a lot of the time it's not about the tools, as we all well know. But nice tools are nice to have... and so is lunch. Maybe I'll go make some music without them and see if I'm desperately missing them...
Old 28th September 2017
Here for the gear
OK I downloaded the demos and played around with all of them today, and thought I'd give my impressions here, in case anyone cares.

First, they really are good, and if you don't have a really good EQ, compressor, delay and reverb you would be straight up crazy not to jump on the current deal. They are not up-to-the-minute in terms of interface design, to be sure, but they're not horrible and quite well-laid out. And sonically I think you would be hard-pressed to say they're dated. They just sound good, which never goes out of style.

The EQ is full featured and flexible and has some unique features (those off-kilter filters in Digital1 mode are super cool!), multiple curves selectable per band, and selectable analog modelling to top it off. And a useful metering section. It misses visual Q adjustment, but does have a handy keyboard display with colour coded indicators of where the bands are set. I can see that being useful for zeroing in on a frequency in a musical way.

The compressor is just a good, solid, flexible compressor with, again, selectable analog character (control limited to 4 discrete positions). I'd say it competes well with any basic compressor but isn't mindblowing and can't really be considered and A-lister or anything. It does however instantiate very quickly, so you're not waiting around for it to load like some heavier hitters... Actually that's true of the whole series, which is nice.

The delay is similar - just a good, solid, pretty flexible delay with the same 4-position switch for analog character. It's not going to give Echoboy a run for its money, and I have others I like more for crazy creative madness, but for 90% of anyone's delay needs this will do what you need it to do and sound good doing it. The problem is I can say that about a lot of things, many of them free. This one is only nearly free.

That leaves the reverb, which is really a standout. It sounds *great*, and in fact is very difficult to make sound anything other than great. And it's got heaps of flexibility to boot, considerably more than most. This one really is a heavy hitter, lovely and lush and deep as you like, and I'm really tempted to pick up the bundle just for this one (the current bundle sale price is actually less than the sale price for just the verb!). Unfortunately I recently picked up Melda's astonishing MTurboReverb, which is all that and a bag of chips - it's even deeper, even more flexible, and can sound just as lush and lovely and a hundred other things besides... Still, this has a character and it's really, really sweet.

Again, if you don't have really solid performers in all these categories, and/or a superb algorithmic reverb that as far as I'm concerned can compete with almost anything including some at 10 times the price, jump on this. $40? That's crazy talk.
Old 30th September 2017
Lives for gear

i bought the H series and they are all good. worth the money. i wish they would spin some deals on the SSL master buss compressor......
Old 19th December 2017
Here for the gear

H-Delay has been my go-to delay -- the other being Echoboy.

For $49, you can't really go wrong with H-Eq. I'm almost willing to call it the SonnoxEQ's little brother bc of both their abilities to change the type of filters. The M/S capability on the H-Eq makes for good mix buss eq situations also.

Looking to get the Fabfilter Pro-Q 2 soonish, so it'll be interesting to see how those two matchup.
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Howdy peeps. It's all on sale again now. $80 plus I think there's a 25% off discount on top of that.

If you want a good compressor and fantastic eq, delay and reverb.....well here's your chance. Happy mixing.
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear
24-hour sale going on.
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear

$59 for H series.
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear

The h delay is worth having. I use h delay on every project, not so much the others. I have gold however, I recommend gold bundle, I think you'll use what that has to offer but you have to catch it on a good sale. I only paid like $150 I think
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear

I can get it for around $40 by upgrading th plugins I do have to that bundle. It's not a huge difference, but man, its powerful bundle.

Tip: The hybrid plugins in are unique in the fact that the Analog dial doesn't control the noise, it actually controls the different analog emulations in the case of H-Delay and H-Comp. So don't be tempted to turn it off without first listening to the change in character. It's actually what makes these plugins "hybrids!!"
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search