The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How is windows stability with the focusrite clarett? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 28th June 2017
Lives for gear

How is windows stability with the focusrite clarett?

I am very interested in trying this line of interfaces, but there are a couple of reviews that said the window stability over thunderbolt is not that good. Some say it is fine, would like a verdict on this before I put a thunderbolt port in my desktop.
Old 29th June 2017
Gear Head
Make sure you get a TB2 card not a 3. The 3's dont work with the clarett.
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildewman View Post
Make sure you get a TB2 card not a 3. The 3's dont work with the clarett.
So the issues people are having is because of tb3 ports?
Old 30th June 2017
Gear Head
From what ive read on the Web all of the TB based interfaces work perfectly on TB2 but are flaky on 3. The driver status for every TB interface maker seems to be "we are currently working on TB3 compatability" - and have been stuck that way for at least the last 6 months.
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildewman View Post
From what ive read on the Web all of the TB based interfaces work perfectly on TB2 but are flaky on 3. The driver status for every TB interface maker seems to be "we are currently working on TB3 compatability" - and have been stuck that way for at least the last 6 months.
Thanks for this info very helpful!
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

Which infurates me as TB2 cards have been out of production for years now. If you find any source of them, you should maybe buy a lottery ticket too.

Windows only officially supports TB3. It will never officially support TB2.

On that basis alone you can either have an OS that supports your kit, or a driver that supports your kit, but you can't have both.

I'll let you all ponder how much fun this is from a support point of view.
Old 30th June 2017
It works great on our TB2 systems. I don't think people care much for official TB2 support in Windows, although we cannot complain if an upgrade breaks compatibility of course.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search