The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plug in that sounds close to an H3000? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 28th June 2017

Plug in that sounds close to an H3000?

What is the best emulator?
Old 28th June 2017
Lives for gear

Well the Eventide H3000 Factory is going to have a lot of the functionality of the hardware but not all, there are some other plugin that Eventide make (in their Anthology Bundle) which also have different algo's and parts of that device...

Depends on what kind of presets you are shooting for, if you are going for the pitch shift thing, the crystal delays etc, Soundtoys (founded by some of the guys who made the h3000, has some excellent plugins, from Micropitch to their Crystallizer, to Echo Boy etc...

The H3000 was/is a beast, and can be used in so many ways, so if you can explain more what you are sonically looking for, could probably help more!
Old 28th June 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
What is the best emulator?
i have had the H3000 software since it came out .. MicroShift is what i mainly use it for ..
Old 28th June 2017
As the guys have pointed out, the H3000 factory is your best bet but it only goes so far and doesn't have all the algorithms from the hardware box. There's also the H3000 Band Delays plug-in dedicated solely to that algo.

I agree with lestermagneto, you'll have to put some bits together (more plugs from other brands) in order to get certain sounds.
Old 28th June 2017
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i have had the H3000 software since it came out .. MicroShift is what i mainly use it for ..
MicroShift is the only Eventide software that sounds as good as hardware. The rest...
Old 28th June 2017
Gear Nut

I mainly use an spx990 for doubling and even sounding worse than a real H3000, sounds best than most plugins.

Only plugin that i got sounding almost 3d like the hardware is Nebula with 3k vocal doubler from rythminmind.

All those others, give the effect, yes, but none of them for me at least have the depth that separates source from fx.

Regards

Francisco
Old 28th June 2017

I mostly do doubler and split harmonized.
Old 29th June 2017
Here for the gear

No plugin sounds quite like the hardware h3000 to me. I think the best bet is the h3000 plugin or Abbey Road ADT 2 voice set up in stereo. Will get you somewhere in the ballpark.
Old 29th June 2017
I also really like the microshift. I don't even own the full version.
Old 29th June 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
I mostly do doubler and split harmonized.
For straight up doubling the FIX Doubler from Softube it pretty cool, and it comes with the FIX Flanger which is also really cool.
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear

Not an H3000 emulation, but for doubler/harmonizer kinda thing, I find the MUnison by Melda to be excellent :

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MUnison
Old 29th June 2017
Gear Nut

just heard melda. will try. sounds very 3d!!! thanks!
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear
SoundToys is one of the best sounding plugin bundles as far as sounding like analog circuits around digital algos. Also there were these free plugins called Kajerhaus or something that I haven't seen in a long time, they had some great analog tones, like delay and chorus, they sounded like simple early analog circuits. But if the H3000 software doesn't do it for you, why not just get a hardware harmonizer? The used H3000s sometimes go for cheap, sometimes not, depending on how fully loaded they are I think.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search