The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Reverb Plugins you own and how many
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

Best Reverb Plugins you own and how many

Currently own 4 verbs

Eventide Stereo Room 2016 for studio "room" sounds
Eventide Blackhole for effects/extreme
Softube TSAR-1 for "vintage" style studio verbs (plates, etc)
Acon Verberate for "real/natural" spaces

Wondering how many different verbs you guys use in your mixing templates, and which plugins you find to be the best for which application.

Based on the 4 I have, any recommendations?
Old 15th June 2017
Lives for gear
My favorite is still UAD EMT 140 for plates
Vallhalla Vintageverb (all around utility verb)
Audio damage EOS for deep reverb
Perfect Space convolution (came with Sonar made by Voxengo)
Relab LX 480 (for that Lexicon verb)
More coming.
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Nut
The Eventide Room 2016 is awesome for drum room ambience sounds.
I also use the PSP 2445 EMT plate on drums if I want a larger room
For guitar, I always go back to the PSP SpringBox
There's a bass room setting on the Overloud Breverb2 I use on every bass track
Old 15th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo69 View Post
Currently own 4 verbs

Wondering how many different verbs you guys use in your mixing templates, and which plugins you find to be the best for which application.

I have a lot of reverbs, there might actually be some redundancy in there to be honest, but most of them I wouldn't want to part with.

I will not name them all, but here are my favorite few:

Acon Digital Verberate is my go-to reverb when I need a clean/transparen reverb tail. It's very capable of adding a sense of space without sounding like there is a reverb on top of everything. It's a reverb you didn't know was there, until you disable it.

Relab VSR-S24 is incredible in my opinion, but maybe I'm still in my honeymoon period since I bought it (many many weeks ago). The early reflections are amazing to my ears, but it doesn't stop there though, everything about this reverb breaths hardware quality, in my opinion. This might be my desert-island reverb plugin now that I think of it.

Relab LX480 is a recreation of an icon reverb unit. Being able to use for example the famous Random Hall algorithm in my mixes is something I wouldn't have believed 10 years ago. Works so good on female lead vocals.

UAD AMS RMX16 is something special, at least to my ears. The Ambiance algorithm to me is where the magic is. In solo, it doesn't sound extremely smooth or natural, but instead it's a bit dirty. But once it's inside a mix, the way it melts away - for lack of a better way of trying to explain how I experience it - is unique I think. It's often my preferred reverb on a male lead vocal in a pop mix, not too much decay and a little pre-delay.. done.

UAD Lexicon 224 has this special lush reverb sound, which I love to use to sweeten up synths, piano and guitar, but in EDM I also love to use it on vocals.
Old 15th June 2017
Exponential R2
Eventide Stereo Room
Altiverb 7
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Maniac
Exponential R2
Slate VSC
Relab VSR S24
Fabfilter Pro R

I like the Relab and Slate best and use either of those 90% of the time. VSR S24 sounds clean and modern to me and there's so many IRs with VSC that I can usually find something that works and in general it's sound is more coloured. Fabfilter and R2 have their own sound and I try those if VSR S24 and VSC aren't working. Sometimes a combination of reverbs sound great. I have a number of others that don't get used.
Old 15th June 2017
Deleted User
The UAD AKG BX-20 might give you something you don't already have. Frankly, nearly all of the UAD reverbs are excellent. Not crazy about DreamVerb.

I don't know what DAW you're using, but Cubase includes one called Reverence that is a real sleeper.

Slate's VerbSuite Classics plug is very good and exceptionally versatile. The unified interface is easy to use. It has the Bricasti impulses available and also covers the AMS RMX 16 very well.

There are several great "lesser knowns" that others will mention.
Old 16th June 2017
Exponential Audio's "Nimbus" & "R2" as well as Relab's "VSRS24" go a loong way. For springs, PSP's "SpringBox" wins, imo. I also really dig PSP's 2245, which aims at the EMT.

These 5 are nailed to my ProTools template and are on just about every session.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

I don't believe anyone ever gets bored discussing Reverb in this room. I'd agree it's not an entirely dull subject; I very much like UAD's EMT 250 & Softube's TSAR-1. Valhalla's Plate is really good too.

I'm amazed the iLok 2/3 discussion hasn't come up yet.
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Addict

Downloaded the demo over two weeks ago. Already have sonnox reverb, and reverberate 2, tried both lexicon 480 irs and the new bricasti fusion irs in reverberate. And have waves rverb.

The TC vss3 is the BEST one I liked. Purchased it. Compared to vss3 the other reverbs sound like an effect slapped on to the original signal, vss3 sounds like you are actually putting the instruments in a space.

so glad they released this plugin.
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Head

I've got all the Valhalla reverbs, Room, Shimmer, Plate, and Vintage. I probably use vintage most frequently - I tend to do spacey ambient and Vintage is more or less my default..

Then I have the Eventide TVerb, 2016 Room, Ultraverb which I am starting to use more - those I use for my more orchestral stuff.

I have a couple of spring reverbs, PSP Springbox and Aegean Musics Spirit - I use these for primitive early electronics type pieces.

I have Exponential Audio's R2 which I picked up cheap and I have Aether and Arts Acoustic reverbs from back in the day.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist9891 View Post
Downloaded the demo over two weeks ago. Already have sonnox reverb, and reverberate 2, tried both lexicon 480 irs and the new bricasti fusion irs in reverberate. And have waves rverb.

The TC vss3 is the BEST one I liked. Purchased it. Compared to vss3 the other reverbs sound like an effect slapped on to the original signal, vss3 sounds like you are actually putting the instruments in a space.

so glad they released this plugin.
TC VSS3 is indeed a very nice reverb, I probably would have bought it if they had released it some months earlier. However, when it was released, I just bought Relab VSR S24, which to me sounds like an improved VSS3 (which makes sense, it's based on VSS6 if I'm not mistaken).
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear
You don't have an IR reverb. If that's something that would appeal to you then Liquidsonics Reverberate II would be a nice addition. The Bricasti FIRs sound great.

My other favorite reverbs are the Valhalla verbs. I tend to use Room more than Vintage Verb, but I know a lot of people prefer the latter.

I bought PhoenixVerb a few months ago, and for whatever reason it doesn't get much use. Maybe I need to experiment with it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo69 View Post
Currently own 4 verbs

Old 16th June 2017
Deleted User
Exponential Audio R2 Surround and PhoenixVerb Surround (Hardware: Bricasti M7 Control).

For the occasional effect, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb.
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Addict
Eventide reverbs (Stereo Room 2016, Blackhole, UltraReverb) - Blackhole as favourite for long experimental tails

FabFilter Pro-R - favourite algorithmic reverb

Logic Space Designer - DAW built in, versatile, lots of IRs
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

I love the Valhalla Plate, but the one that has blown my mind lately is Seventh Heaven SHP. Lush and thick reverb that has won every single challenges vs other Bricasti´s M7 emus.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Acon Digital Verberate
...is...very capable of adding a sense of space without sounding like there is a reverb on top of everything. It's a reverb you didn't know was there, until you disable it.
This is so true. I have to honestly say that, before I got Verberate, I often fought with reverb to get it to sit where I wanted in a mix. But, exactly as you describe, Verberate adds depth to the sound without sounding "reverby." It also adds a certain sparkle and shine to sounds/mixes. Amazing.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
I love the Valhalla Plate, but the one that has blown my mind lately is Seventh Heaven SHP. Lush and thick reverb that has won every single challenges vs other Bricasti´s M7 emus.
I've been digging Seventh Heaven. Sounds great. The cheaper version is quick and simple. I have all of the UAD verbs as well. I still use them a lot. On my PT10 system the Slate verb gets wiggy. On 12 it's fine. Very versatile if your system can handle it.
L.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Acon Verberate for natural
Eventide Blackhole for atmospheric
Lexicon PCM for everything else
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Still go:
Altiverb (Teldex room mostly) for drums, gtr, keys ...
Lexicon PCM (plate) for vox and possibly snare
Slate's Verbsuite for other stuff. Sometimes also on vocals.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Nut

I presently own approximately 35 reverb plugins. Therefore, I am not going to list all of them. However, below are my present top 10 favorites listed by developer:

01) Brainworx bx_rooM/S
02) EastWest Quantum Leap Spaces
03) Eventide UltraReverb
04) Exponential Audio Nimbus
05) Exponential Audio R4
06) Fabfilter Pro-R
07) Lexicon PCM Native Bundle
08) Overloud REmatrix Complete Bundle
09) PSP Audioware 2445 EMT
10) Softube TSAR-1

The aforementioned plugins are used for 85-90% of my reverb needs at this time, as there are a few others that I still load up occasionally.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Addict

Nobody has mentioned any nebula reverbs but vnxt 140 gets used on every one of my mixes.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxH003 View Post
I presently own approximately 35 reverb plugins. Therefore, I am not going to list all of them. However, below are my present top 10 favorites listed by developer:

01) Brainworx bx_rooM/S
03) Eventide UltraReverb
05) Exponential Audio R4
06) Fabfilter Pro-R
10) Softube TSAR-1

The aforementioned plugins are used for 85-90% of my reverb needs at this time, as there are a few others that I still load up occasionally.

Incredible ! And I thought, I have much reverbs, and got only 7 !

- Lexicon PCM
- Eventide UltraReverb,StereoRoom,TVerb
- Waves IR-1
- MH Haloverb
- Exponential Audio Phoenix

Could not live without the PCM and the Eventides.....especially the T-Verb is one of my most admired tools the last time
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

H-Reverb still remains a favourite. Although I do, like Abbey Road Plates quite bit it isn't as flexible.

I have my eye on bx_rooMS however.
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

fabfilter is amazing to my ears
Old 23rd June 2017
Old 23rd June 2017
Gear Nut

Altiverb 7
QL Spaces
Waves H-Reverb
Waves IR1

Last edited by Kaatza Music; 31st July 2017 at 04:11 AM..
Old 23rd June 2017
Lives for gear
Breverb for realistic acoustic spaces and BlueVerb or Room2016 for surrealism. Also Sonnox Reverb for vocals where delay doesn't work or isn't enough (usually on singers with poor pitch or on spoken word) or whole mix. I don't own the Lexicon PCM plugins, but I'm impressed by the clarity and dimension of demonstration clips I've heard.
Old 23rd June 2017
Gear Guru
Any fans of Rev250 from SKNote? I like it a lot.....
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxH003 View Post

01) Brainworx bx_rooM/S
03) Eventide UltraReverb
05) Exponential Audio R4
06) Fabfilter Pro-R
10) Softube TSAR-1

I have 18 reverb plugins, but I don't have any of the reverbs you mentioned in your top 10, what are the odds?

My top 10 (in no particular order) would be:

Acon Digital Verberate
Relab LX480
Relab VSR S24
UAD Lexicon 224
UAD AMS RMX16
UAD AKG BX-20
UAD EMT-140
Audio Ease Altiverb 7
Valhalla Room
Valhalla Vintage Verb

As I said, I have some more, but this top 10 list is easily responsible for > 95% of all my reverb duties.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search