The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Reverb Plugins you own and how many
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm a reverb junkie. I have maybe 20 software reverbs. And I agree with a poster above about Sonsig. The thing I don't get is how Relab could have made such a meh plugin. Yes, yes I know there are many who think it's the cat's pajamas. I have VSR S24 and LX 480 and couldn't live without them. Sonsig to me is just not that special. If I had to choose one reverb plug, it would be LX 480.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

I like all the UAD verbs! Just great.

Of cause you have to own there hardware.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
I'm a reverb junkie. I have maybe 20 software reverbs. And I agree with a poster above about Sonsig. The thing I don't get is how Relab could have made such a meh plugin. Yes, yes I know there are many who think it's the cat's pajamas. I have VSR S24 and LX 480 and couldn't live without them. Sonsig to me is just not that special. If I had to choose one reverb plug, it would be LX 480.
Couuuuuuuldn't disagree more!... <3 Sonsig. What a lovely reverb, not saying that Relabs other two aren't also lovely.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like it but it doesn't work on everything, and for those times I reach for nimbus or R4 or Ultrareverb. I really like vsr s24 and if I see it on a good sale I'll buy it.
I have covid :( Thanks God I have a lot of reverbs to play with.

Tom.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasylek View Post

Tom.
Sorry to hear that, Tom. Hope you're well again very soon!
Gear Addict
Quote:

Tom.
:(

Get well!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Get well soon, Tom!
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tom.
I hope you pull through like the champ you are
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
FWIW know several folks who got it and are now OK. I’m sure lots of reverb will help! Strange times!.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
my best is probably the quantec yardstick plugin
Gear Head
Quote:

Tom.
I got it too, in first wave about year ago (as well my father in retired age), so, all still alive and ok (except smelling perception, which seems to be gradually returning).
And that didn't stop me from getting even more reverbs during this time.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
That’s interesting. I definitely feel like LX480 is an essential plugin for me. I jumped on the upgrade sale for LX480 complete to the reverb bundle. I was initially disappointed in both Sonsig and VSR, but I have since actually used Sonsig as my primary reverb in several projects. I have yet to find any use for VSR. I also felt that way about Goldplate when it was added to my Kush sub, but I have since learned how to use it to great effect, albeit in pretty specific situations. What are you liking VSR for?
Lives for gear

I’ve been trying out the Kush Goldplate recently and like it. Keen to hear how the RS Transatlantic Plate and Denise Perfect Plate compare to it.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I’ve been trying out the Kush Goldplate recently and like it. Keen to hear how the RS Transatlantic Plate and Denise Perfect Plate compare to it.
just try UVI Plate in my opinion the best plate reverb
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Still using Valhalla Room and Vintage Verb often as well as Liquidsonics' Seventh Heaven Pro. I'm still looking for a great plate since I ditched Universal Audio's platform and my favorite Plate 140. I have Valhalla's Plate and Aturia's recent Plate release but there was something in the UAD Plate 140 that I can't seem to get from the Valhalla and Arturia Plates. Hopefully Black Friday sales will inspire me to search for something to fill the gap.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkberry View Post
Still using Valhalla Room and Vintage Verb often as well as Liquidsonics' Seventh Heaven Pro. I'm still looking for a great plate since I ditched Universal Audio's platform and my favorite Plate 140. I have Valhaklla's Plate and Aturia's recent Plate release but there was something in the UAD Plate 140 that I can't seem to get from the Valhalla and Arturia Plates. Hopefully Black Friday sales will inspire me to search for something to fill the gap.
i like Lustrous Plate
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
What are you liking VSR for?
You know, it's on a couple of busses on a couple of projects, and frankly, I realized I'm not pushing the gain up on them very much. Maybe I just said I liked it because it's a Relab product and it cost money. I mean, it's wicked clean . . . buuut
can I change my mind?

Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Damn! Just checked out Sonsig Rev A and Denise Perfect Plate XL. Both great sounding. They are on sale currently but does anyone know if they do a significant sale for Black Friday?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
What are you liking VSR for?
Ambience, room sounds, and other small spaces.

This can be great taking a sound and placing it in a Room. Completely wet
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkberry View Post
Still using Valhalla Room and Vintage Verb often as well as Liquidsonics' Seventh Heaven Pro. I'm still looking for a great plate since I ditched Universal Audio's platform and my favorite Plate 140. I have Valhalla's Plate and Aturia's recent Plate release but there was something in the UAD Plate 140 that I can't seem to get from the Valhalla and Arturia Plates. Hopefully Black Friday sales will inspire me to search for something to fill the gap.
Transatlantic Plate and Abbey Road Plates are great options. The former being cleaner and the latter being more colored and vibey.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
The key to TP for me is adding it until you hear it and backing off. Blends very naturally and the tails are magic.
Lives for gear

Bought Reverberate 3 and I’m more or less obsessed with it. The Fusion stuff is of course lovely but also the tweakability with standard IRs is amazing. I’ve got some PastToFuture EMT140 IRs and with some Reverberate 3 tweaks I’ve never heard a plate so good sounding. So solid and ghostly.
Gear Addict
Found one that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet! Not sure if this is good or bad, but I would say that this makes the plugin severely underrated, underappreciated or undiscovered...

...or maybe I have cloth ears.

Anyway, now I am not exactly a 'reverb junkie', but for a few years now I have been particularly fond of SSL FlexVerb. It's not a popular option it seems, but I fell for it years ago and I keep coming back to it after auditioning other reverbs because to me it just sounds so natural and it just often 'fits' effortlessly.

Y(everyone's)MMV, but I figured it was worth throwing this one out there.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
Transatlantic Plate and Abbey Road Plates are great options. The former being cleaner and the latter being more colored and vibey.
Forgot I actually have Abbey Road Plates, which I like (stopped using Wave plugins due to WUP) but now I'm looking at Denise Perfect Plate XL and Relab Sonsig Rev A. Haven't checked out Transatlantic Plate so thanks for suggestion. Will check it out.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
The key to TP for me is adding it until you hear it and backing off. Blends very naturally and the tails are magic.
Exactly.

I love taking a vst synth and just adding a tiny bit of this plate to make them more “3D” and alive on the release.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by killme View Post
just try UVI Plate in my opinion the best plate reverb
Yes might try that one as well.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Yea, started generally getting more into plate verbs and using them like that after seeing how Phillipe Zdar said he usually used his actual EMT as an "invisible" verb in this manner. The TP really just adds that touch of "expensive" when you want it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I didn't see this one mentioned; https://www.voxengo.com/product/crtivreverb/

Controls might feel limited at times but it may well be the lushest reverb I tried till now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Another strong contender would be (for Ableton users only) the Max4Live Convolution Reverb (has a lot of very interesting unique real life IR's, with names like "Berlin Power Plant", and also sampled EMT stuff and a lot more, including "strange places"(my favorite) and experimental/non-linear reverb). I use this cheap and simple looking plugin a lot more than all the other fancy stuff.

Also for Nebula the Cupwise AKG BX 20 is of course a top choice for any "serious" work.
📝 Reply