The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Reverb Plugins you own and how many
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
For ease of use, I really like Softube's TSAR, and I'm curious. Do other people also use it frequently? If not, why not?
i dont own it too long, and used it in a recent mix and liked it. not everywhere. But it sounded good on some sources !
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

TSAR-1 is a vintage sounding reverb, with a good low frequency. Which often works wonder on vsti, to make thinner sounding synth sounds bigger..sometimes too big in the low register, might need some EQ. Agree with above statement, it's not my main reverb but when it works it works wonder. I also like to use it slightly on acoustic instruments, which oftenly sounding nostalgic to me. It has some vintage inspired presets such as the 224/AMS/EMT, but I prefer it's own unique character instead of an emulation. Prefer other reverbs for that. The decisions to make it a modular module and a part of the Heartbeat are awesome, a perfect reverb for the job. Especially since Modular sounds on the clean side to me, the reverb put an instant vintage vibe. It works best as a darker - mellow sounding vintage reverb to me, certainly my best reverb for that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
I'm not a fan of short-tailed reverbs, but tried Tsar demo once (in times when was not so much reverbs hehe), and a distinctive feature that i remember was specificity like very clean exactly high freq. Nothing could say about low though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegaman View Post
...no way to upgrade from my N3 to N4 and absolutely no support or way to download the older files...another customer lost.

I get the need to do copy protection and support Intellectual property rights, I'm all for it but some of these schemes are just ridiculous...
This is holy truth. After my expepriences with Nebula I have one advice for all: stay away from Acoustica Audio.

The short version: I purchased Nebula 3 pro in 2010 plus some expensive adons and I never managed to make it work for the next decade. Recently I tried to fire it up and it turned out that... It does not work at all because Giancarlo does not support it anymore - fullstop.

If there will be a pitty about what I just wrote I can write "long version" including emails.

On the other hand it is an interesting commercial phenomenon. I never figured it out how could I be that stupid to buy it and to believe it works despite numerous unsuccesful attempts.

Tom.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasylek View Post
This is holy truth. After my expepriences with Nebula I have one advice for all: stay away from Acoustica Audio.

The short version: I purchased Nebula 3 pro in 2010 plus some expensive adons and I never managed to make it work for the next decade. Recently I tried to fire it up and it turned out that... It does not work at all because Giancarlo does not support it anymore - fullstop.

If there will be a pitty about what I just wrote I can write "long version" including emails.

On the other hand it is an interesting commercial phenomenon. I never figured it out how could I be that stupid to buy it and to believe it works despite numerous unsuccesful attempts.

Tom.
I'll be absolutely honest here about the Acustica Audio fanboi phenomenon...I think it is generally tied to purchase price bias...I have yet to see any MAJOR engineer use this stuff (Pensado is a plugin salesman, if you had the tracks he has to work with you could use ANY plugin and get pretty much the same results, I have never seen him try to mix a tracking train wreck, all of his stems are pretty good to begin with, hence the "salesman" moniker I bestow)...

I honestly haven't researched it much because when I started with them they were just getting off the ground, and I suggested they needed a REAL mix engineer on the team and a REAL studio to work in,some place you could get a feel for REAL audio sessions and work flow...Giancarlo took offense at my suggestions, I figured it was a language barrier issue and walked away...

But if you spend over $200 on a plugin you are going to pretty much say it sounds great no matter how much you squint your ears.

Same holds true with ANY other plugin...I recently pulled the trigger on Liquid Sonics 7th Heaven and I regret it...did the same for Metric Halo CS3 and love it...

I also find it very disingenuous to NOT provide downloads for products you have an EOL for support...one of the reasons I am an avid Apogee customer is even though they cannot support older hardware on all the newer Apple iOS's they STILL make an attempt and tell you it's unsupported...I am running an older Symphony unit via PCIe64 on Catalina even though they clearly say it is unsupported, they still provide me drivers and downloads for pretty much any product I have purchased...

Acustica, not so much.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
But if you spend over $200 on a plugin you are going to pretty much say it sounds great no matter how much you squint your ears.
This is very true, rarely accepted, and inspiration behind an enormous number of posts on this site.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Still using nebula 3 pro here with no problems, love my 3rd party libraries. Several vst plugs like Waves Chambers and plates, IK tapes and such have far surpassed Nebula in cpu use. I can run probably 6 to 8 instances of Nebula and only one Chambers or ik tapes.

But I burn in my nebula stuff, so never issues for me. I do the same with champers and plates and IK tapes as well. I would never want to be without my nebula 3 pro and older libraries. Never felt the need to upgrade to ME or aquas.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmsc View Post
TSAR-1 is a vintage sounding reverb, with a good low frequency. Which often works wonder on vsti, to make thinner sounding synth sounds bigger..sometimes too big in the low register, might need some EQ. Agree with above statement, it's not my main reverb but when it works it works wonder. I also like to use it slightly on acoustic instruments, which oftenly sounding nostalgic to me. It has some vintage inspired presets such as the 224/AMS/EMT, but I prefer it's own unique character instead of an emulation. Prefer other reverbs for that. The decisions to make it a modular module and a part of the Heartbeat are awesome, a perfect reverb for the job. Especially since Modular sounds on the clean side to me, the reverb put an instant vintage vibe. It works best as a darker - mellow sounding vintage reverb to me, certainly my best reverb for that.
It would not be surprising to you that my main Reverb is UAD's EMT250. I absolutely love the sound -- in Remixing / Mastering too, on a bus with EQ to weed out the far lower, and upper, registers. It gives certain songs, and I realize not all warrant such treatment, an ethereal sound. For example:

Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
ISame holds true with ANY other plugin...I recently pulled the trigger on Liquid Sonics 7th Heaven and I regret it...did the same for Metric Halo CS3 and love it...
I think that some plugins can be liked or disliked and it's a matter of personal taste or preference; it's pretty normal. Of course the condition is that plugin works and does not affect the stability of your system.

I like 7th Heaven very much but I understand that it my not be someone's favourite plugin. I am not a great fan of Relab LX480 and a lot of people love it and I understand it either. Despite that I recently acquired Relab "trio" of reverbs including LX480 because I am addicted to reverbs of which I informed my therapist

Recently I was disappointed with U-He Twangstrom and Colour Copy. The first one for me is neither spring reverb nor interesting reverb, the other is neither tape delay nor cutting-through-the-mix delay. They are not "bad" but not very good either. And I am huge fan of U-he hence the disappointment.

In a conclusion I would like to admit that a lot of our likes and dislikes regarding reverbs are very personal.

Best, Tom.
Old 4 weeks ago
Anyone know of anything, beside the UAD plug, for non lin that gets close to an AMS RMX-16? Valhalla Vintage has a decent non lin emulation but wondering if there is anything else out there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaks Dude View Post
Anyone know of anything, beside the UAD plug, for non lin that gets close to an AMS RMX-16? Valhalla Vintage has a decent non lin emulation but wondering if there is anything else out there.
Well, Altiverb has an RMX-16 IR, but that’s a big price tag for a single sound (obviously you get a huge library of other sounds in addition to that one, but if that sound is all you’re looking for, it’s a lotta $).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
If you use a convolution reverb plugin, the STN Reverb 6000 Music Pack comprises many non-lin IRs, including a couple named 'AMS Nonlin A' and 'AMS Nonlin B'.
Otherwise, both LiquidSonics' Seventh Heaven Pro and Reverberate 2 include the Bricasti non-lin Fusion-IRs, but I don't know how close these are to an AMS RMX-16.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Anyone know of anything, beside the UAD plug, for non lin that gets close to an AMS RMX-16?
So far there's no dedicated vst. But TSAR-1 has some presets inspired by the AMS, while not exactly the same, imho the overall character is a bit closer to that instead of a 224/EMT. Verbsuite Classics has some detailed list of AMS presets. Spaces 2 also has some presets. If you are using convolution, Past to Future Reverbs has some IRs for that.

Goodhertz mentioned that Megaverb has some inspiration from the RMX, 224, Midiverb, etc. While not specifically an emulation of anything, but it's a great reverb for those type of sound.

Last edited by crystalmsc; 4 weeks ago at 05:18 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Slate Verbsuite Classics and Nomad Factory 80s Spaces cover a lot of that, to the point I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the UAD RMX16.

I grew up on that hardware and still love it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I own several reverb plugins, but these are what I use prominently?

Soundtoys Little Plate - Simple, easy to use, I like how it sounds on guitars and vocals especially.

Waves Abbey Road Chambers - I like some of the IRs they captured on this one! I usually use this on drums and percussion, I like the mirror room for that!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

r$ is still or again available for 29 dollar. will test tonight...
i still have sonsiq and fabfilter r and dont want a new reverb
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffguitar View Post
Still using nebula 3 pro here with no problems, love my 3rd party libraries.
The problem begins when you want to upgrade your computer. The Nebula 3 needs another activation then. And... it is not possible anymore. At least not on my windows 10 machine. The vst is where it should be, it opens GUI but does not work. Then it turns out there is no support.

You have to buy complete new software and your third party libraries will be useless like mine.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Best Reverb Plugins you own and how many-untitled-1.jpg  

Last edited by vasylek; 2 weeks ago at 06:44 PM.. Reason: add pictures
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The problem begins when you want to upgrade your computer. The Nebula 3 needs another activation then. And... it is not possible anymore. At least not on my windows 10 machine. The vst is where it should be, it opens GUI but does not work. Then it turns out there is no support.

You have to buy complete new software and your third party libraries will be useless like mine.

Tom
Yeah I'm still happily using win 7 pro and have no plans to move away from it at this time. I'm not even sure I have the latest Nebula 3 pro version because once I got Nebula working the way I wanted I was afraid to mess with anything. I have not even purchased any libraries for a good while as I feel I have all I need. I love the Raphlex comp, the 660 comp, a could others. I have older Alex B console classic blue and black, I have a few verbs including vnxt plate, and I have Henry Olonga massive all you can eat and a few amp and military tube things and a couple mic libraries and I've never really needed or wanted anything different.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Abbey Road Plates for $29.99....

Repeat after me:

I DO NOT NEED MORE REVERBS
I DO NOT NEED MORE REVERBS
I DO NOT....
...hand trembles on mouse....
NEED....
...index finger twitches...
MORE....
Old 2 weeks ago
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't think I've ever found a reverb I don't like but never found one I love. In a sparse mix, just about any of the 'hall' or 'chamber' types sound awesome on vocals, lead guitars or synths and so on. Same with the plates for more early reflections and less tail. Many of the 'rooms' are useful for making a mono track stereo.

Sooner or later though, the lush ones all pose their challenges of how to sit in the mix, if it's not a sparse on (and mine rarely are).

After having spent a whole lot of money on different 'verb plugins, I find the settings and presets are often more decisive than which particular plug-in is used. Also, the rest of the chain before and after the reverb matters a whole lot, as it decides how the reverb sits in the mix, which is the real challenge with reverb, not getting a good-sound effect.

But I guess if you want some cool new ones to play around with:

Exponential R4 or Phoenix
Slate Verb Suite Classics
A free One called EZVerb and another one called Reverb Solo and yet another called ProtoVerb for Rooms
Valhalla Vintage Verb and Plate
Overloud TH3 - just because those simple verbs and delays typically used as guitar effects can actually be effective and are low CPU.
PSP 2445 , Lexicon (forget the model) and PianoVerb
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tom
did you try this?

To install Nebula 3 on a new computer.
This will only work for Nebula 3

Do not PM me for an installer or init files

The following works because the authorization is built into the init files.
You don't use the ser file at all.

Make sure you have a backup of:
your original installer that you got when you bought the product.
INIT.N2P
INIT.N2V

On a new machine do the following.

1.Run your nebula3 installer

2. ignore the set file (leave it as is where is)

3. delete the new INIT.N2P & INIT.N2V files found in the nebulatemprepository Programs & Vectors folders
and replace them with the INIT.N2P & INIT.N2V files saved from your old install
= registered forever
Old 2 weeks ago
The only reverb I really like, but where some might say it's not a "real" reverb, is the Eventide Blackhole
Relab Sonsig can also do these very big reverbs, especially with the ensemble effect it sounds very good.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
did you try this?

[I]To install Nebula 3 on a new computer.
This will only work for Nebula 3
I spent many hours trying but I will try once more.

Thanks a lot, Tom
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
.......... is the Eventide Blackhole
Relab Sonsig can also do these very big reverbs, especially with the ensemble effect it sounds very good.

Eventide Blackhole all the time !

BTW I just purchased Blackhole - Stompbox. I will try it tomorrow on the rehersal.

Tom
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
The only reverb I really like, but where some might say it's not a "real" reverb, is the Eventide Blackhole
SonsigA is a bit of a sleeper hit. Love it. I can't remember the last time I used the Blackhole plugin, but I reach for Super Massive all the time when I want something, well, super massive.
Old 2 weeks ago
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
I like Acqua plugins and honestly is a real game changer for clarity. I’d like to try their reverbs with Ebony. Haven’t done Nebula.

With Transatlantic Plate, VVV, R4 and sp2016, really well covered. Even have a couple of others.

Honestly could have one of the above and be fine for my use.
Back in the day whatever spring came with the amp was great!

Too bad Nebula changed their game but it does go on sale and I think is backwards compatible. Tempting since the third party stuff is cheap. I’d buy the Cupwise Tape emulator in a heartbeat which has reverb also...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tom
I just found this out. No discount offered. I spent all this money and there is no support or way to use what I bought without buying the new software. Absolutely awful Acustica.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
They had 2-3 discount periods for Nebula 4 this year. I mean you could get Nebula for like a 100 Euros or something.
📝 Reply