Whats up with MOTU?
Old 13th February 2004
Gear nut

Whats up with MOTU?

has anyone ever gotten a response from their techsupport@motu.com address? i have mailed it a few times, each spaced out by a few months, about this absolutely useless USB interface i bought from them, and never gotten a reply. whatever you do, dont get MOTU stuff if you plan on using it with a windows machine...the latest driver from their site (and older ones) CRASHES when i run it, but even if i manually try to force device manager to isntall the .sys and .inf files in the zip, it either doesnt work, or works, then crashes the entire comptuer with a blue screen (and i never get blue screens..)

totally useless...i wish i had plguged the thing in before i moved across the country...or kept the receipt..
Old 13th February 2004
Gear Maniac

no, in my limited exp. with them, i've never received any replys either.

what interface do you have? i had the same problem with a MTP usb when i was running W98 / ME. it finally installed but i don't remember how ( still, it was prone to **** up) now, with XP, it installed and runs like a dream...

Old 13th February 2004

Here's a UK thing.

I just installed a whole bunch of stuff at a music college. The PCI card for the 2408 would just not get along with the G5.

I angrily phoned up MOTU.

They were incredibly helpful, talked to me for ages, didn't treat me like an idiot, fiddled with the very card I had sent them back while they tinkered with it over the phone, and then they express delivered me a replacement even though they couldn't find anything wrong with the one I sent back.

This is contrary to all other rumours I have heard about MOTU support. In the UK at least they seem to be doing something right.
Old 13th February 2004
Lives for gear

Exactly my experience of Motu Uk and USA. The guys at Musictrack are great but I emailed Motu Usa a question about a demonstratable and quite well known issue and they point blank denied it. Which is a shame as for the money they actually make goood gear. They need to be a bit more responsive ( and honest ) to the end user.

Old 13th February 2004
Motown legend

I rolled my eyes the first time I saw some idiot post that people should buy MOTU instead of digi because of digi's bad tech support.
Old 13th February 2004
Gear Head

I've actually had somewhat better luck with MOTU's tech support than Digi's. Digi somehow couldn't get my address correct when shipping some items my way.

Underwhelmed by both of them frankly.
Old 13th February 2004
Lives for gear
It's unfortunate that we don't all get to deal with Musictrack in the UK. They are one of the better distributors out there. Here in Australia we are blessed with one of the worst there is, and MOTU as a product is all the worse for it.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search