The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alternatives to SoundFlowerBed Audio Interfaces
Old 29th May 2017
Gear Nut

Alternatives to SoundFlowerBed

Hi there:

I've bought an apple remote to control my iTunes while I'm doing the ironing, however my Komplete Audio 6 doesn't use the system controls to increase or decrease the volume on my Mac having what I've read is an analogue dial to control the volume.

I can use SoundFlower and SoundFlowerBed which allows me to use it fine, however it only works for about a minute and then starts emitting a high pitched whine, which I presume is due to it not really being built for os Sierra.

Does anyone know any (free ideally) alternatives which would help me achieve this?

Thanks very much in advance, hope someone can help

H
Old 30th May 2017
Gear Addict

Rogue Amoeba Loopback does that and more.
Greetings
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Nut

Thanks very much I was after something free, so I went for the non-paid version of SoundSiphon, which does exactly what I need it to, much better - I can now iron in peace and turn down tracks that are too loud without having to drop everything :D
Old 3rd July 2017
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hol View Post
... I went for the non-paid version of SoundSiphon...
Thanks for mentioning. I'd never heard of Static Z Software before. I tried Sound Siphon, it's very good. However, I ended up getting Sound Control which is just brilliant. Totally stable, no clicks or pops.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search