The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Major Issues After Upgrade To Sierra. #Logic #Ultrabeat
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Major Issues After Upgrade To Sierra. #Logic #Ultrabeat

Hello all and thanks in advance. So, I just got a new Imac running Sierra and I'm having issues with my copy of Logic 8. The two main issues are:

1. My Ultrabeat sampler cannot locate the samples in my custom kits. I have a whole custom library of samples on my local HD and for some reason UB doesn't know where to look now? After some forum reading I've tried re-indexing spotlight and I think I did this correctly (I am able to successfully use spotlight to search and locate my samples) however my issue persists in Logic/UB.

2. Secondly, Logic is experiencing a strange glitch. During playback as the playhead moves from left to right, it leaves a black bar/black space in its wake. I'll link to a photo below. Any thoughts? Maybe an upgrade to X is needed to fix both these issues? If I DO switch to X, then are all my files going to be swiss cheesed from THAT upgrade?

http://i65.tinypic.com/29qbd07.png

Thanks
Bryan
Old 20th May 2017
Tui
Gear Guru

I'm amazed Logic 8 runs at all on Sierra... You've got a total mismatch going on, of current and old software/hardware.

In 2017, you need to forget about Logic 8. Upgrade to X *through the Apple store* (no funny business).

It might be that Logic X can convert your Logic 8 projects minus a few incompatibilities that always seem to creep up. I know Logic X can convert Logic 9 files as I've done it.

BTW, the gearslutz Logic forum is here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search