The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keeping RME Hammerfall 9652 in modern build? Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd May 2017
Here for the gear

Keeping RME Hammerfall 9652 in modern build? [solved]

Hi all,

I want to build a slave PC with 64GB of RAM for playing a LOT of string samples. I'm aiming for an i7-7700k chip.

Everything about that is readily done except my PCI card RME Hammerfall 9652 sound cards (I own five of them!).

Has anyone found an adapter / riser that allows you to use the RME cards successfully in a music PC? A buddy of mine spotted this:

StarTech PEX1PCI1R PCI Express to PCI Riser Card x1 for Intel 1U IPC Server

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

And I'm willing to try it, but thought it best to ask if anyone has a solution for this?

Thank you!

John

--------
Solved.

found an ASRock board with a PCI slot. Z270 Pro has one PCI slot and can handle the i7-7700k and 64GB of RAM. Home and dry.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Pro4/index.asp

Last edited by JohnG1; 2nd May 2017 at 07:36 PM..
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Head

I know this thread is a few months old but I'm in a similar situation w/ a RME Digiface & just want to say Thank You for posting the solution you came up with.

This looks like a good MB and fairly up to date even w/ the PCI slot.

My Audio PC is 7 years still running strong but it's time to update a few things and figure why not build a new PC while I'm at it.

If anyone that happens to read this and has another Motherboard they think I should check out... please mention it.

I know RME has a PCIe card for the Digiface / Multiface & that's an option. Will wait until I need it... my latency is good and have no issues what so ever

Thanks again JohnG1
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search