The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trouble installing Mbox3 Pro on Windows 10 Audio Interfaces
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Maniac
Trouble installing Mbox3 Pro on Windows 10

Hi All,

I just purchased a Sweetwater Creation Station CS400 PC and am trying to setup my simple PT rig. I have PT11 and an Mbox 3 Pro that uses Firewire. Sweetwater sent me a SIIG dual Firewire PCIe card. It appears that I have the card installed properly, and I have the TI drivers and both the legacy and non legacy 1394 drivers for it. I have tried everything using all three drivers. The Mbox shows up as a device in the device manager but nothing I can do will allow the driver (the latest Avid 1.1.10) to load properly.

At first the driver would not stick to it all, I got a consistent error 28 that no driver was installed, even though the driver clearly ran and installed the Mbox control panel. I disabled driver signature enforcement (via the command prompt) and now the driver will stick to the Mbox but I get an error code 10 "Device will not start". Any ideas where to go from here?
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear
First of all you should have told Sweetwater you were using the M-Box 3 so they could have made sure it was working before they shipped you the machine, but it's too late for that now. I would start by reinstalling the M-Box and downloading Reaper just to see if it works (sometimes PT can be weird even with it's own hardware). If it works try and open up PT. If it opens make sure PT is selected to use the M-Box in preferences and not on board sound. Start with that.
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
First of all you should have told Sweetwater you were using the M-Box 3 so they could have made sure it was working before they shipped you the machine, but it's too late for that now. I would start by reinstalling the M-Box and downloading Reaper just to see if it works (sometimes PT can be weird even with it's own hardware). If it works try and open up PT. If it opens make sure PT is selected to use the M-Box in preferences and not on board sound. Start with that.
I was very clear about the Mbox when I purchased the PC, in fact they sold me the Firewire card specifically because of the Mbox. I was under the impression it was going to be pre-installed and functioning, but that's neither here nor there now. I spent an hour with tech support to no avail. They have not been able to get any farther than I have. The Mbox drivers are loaded but will not start (error code 10 ), so I assume the choice of DAW software is not meaningful. I will try just in case, however. Thanks for the suggestions.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search