The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD 1 Utility Plugins
Old 24th April 2017
Here for the gear

UAD 1

Hi Hope
I have this in the right place.
Iv just installed a new hard drive with upgraded software for mac OS X 10.9 .
With logic pro x on it but it won't recognise my old uad 1 pci e card with v 6.1.0

Now if i reboot in to my old hard drive with OS X 10.7 Lion and the old logic pro it will recognise my old uad 1 pci e card.
Can any one help me get it working on my new hard drive upgraded software to mac OS X 10.9 .
With logic pro x?

Or will i have to buy a uad 2 card .

Thanks in advance
Rors
Old 24th April 2017
Lives for gear

I'd recommend reaching out to ua tech support. My guess is your old uad software won't work with the newer os. There might be a later version that would work for you, but they would know best and know if that version is available.
L.
Old 24th April 2017
Lives for gear

I'm afraid, it won't cut there.. UAD-1 is officially supported up to 10.7, maybe someone managed to install it to later versions, but I'm not really sure about 10.9.
Other thing is, that last supported version of UAD-1 software doesn't have 64bit AU plugins, which are required for Logic Pro X. (this alone can be maybe workarounded by 3rd party software 32lives, but it can't solve mentioned issue with card driver OS support).
UAD-2 or native plugin alternatives is the way to go.

Michal
Old 24th April 2017
Lives for gear
I would try 32 Lives first which will convert 32 bit plugins in a 64 bit host like Logic. Even if it doesn't work for the UAD-1 it's a good investment for other older 32 bit plugins and older freeware.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search