The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Testing my PODHD500 VS Zoom H6 as interfaces Audio Interfaces
Old 24th April 2017
Here for the gear

Testing my PODHD500 VS Zoom H6 as interfaces

I was wondering on how can I test the capabilities of these two devices in different scenarios and compare to one another.

I use cubase 8.5 and adobe audition - and would like too see which of the devices will behave and operate best .

There are two aspects : Latency , and also processing capabilities , I gues latency can be measured some how easily , but testing workload and trying to get measurable results is under question mark for me.

I found this post :
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

but would need more info .

BTW - I know both are not the most suitable for the task , but I have a saffire 6 usb , look at the latency performance database , the saffire 6 is at the bottom .
Its drivers are **** , to the point I'm better off with using one of the above temporarily lol .

I love this forum
Old 24th April 2017
Lives for gear
You found the right thread (Tafkat's Latency Database). I'm pretty sure he describes the testing methods and required software somewhere in that thread. Besides the software you have to do a loopback test. Although Zoom has been making great drivers for their audio interfaces I'm not sure about their handheld recorders. I once had a Line 6 Gear Box which was a decent DI for their software as long as you monitored direct but other than that the latency was awful. If I were you I would sell all that stuff and pickup a Zoom UAC-2. It's fairly cheap ($250.00) and sounds great and has latency figures to rival RME. Much better than the Scarlett.
Old 24th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
You found the right thread (Tafkat's Latency Database). I'm pretty sure he describes the testing methods and required software somewhere in that thread. Besides the software you have to do a loopback test. Although Zoom has been making great drivers for their audio interfaces I'm not sure about their handheld recorders. I once had a Line 6 Gear Box which was a decent DI for their software as long as you monitored direct but other than that the latency was awful. If I were you I would sell all that stuff and pickup a Zoom UAC-2. It's fairly cheap ($250.00) and sounds great and has latency figures to rival RME. Much better than the Scarlett.
Yea I'm saving for an RME , I don't want to trouble shoot becuase of glitchy drivers any time for the rest of my life .
Would take a punch for a while with the podhd500 probably , but i'm still interested in the zoom for some Video stuff -
the zoom h6 has a 'loop back' function that can stream back it's output into the PC and then I can screen capture my DAW and have sound coming , without trying to overcome it with any program
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search