The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube & Soundtoys -- GTM Strategy Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 22nd April 2017
Softube & Soundtoys -- GTM Strategy

It’s amazing what a bit of time and patience will provide opportunistic purchasers. I’ve read anti-Gobbler, anti-Softube, and even anti-Vol 1 threads here on Gearslutz and almost made a stupid mistake: listening to every Tom, Dick, and Harry regarding their experiences.

I bought Softube’s Vol 1 for just less than 300 USD on sale (new, not an upgrade) recently. Just to recap, this bundle includes:

Key: Heartbeat Drum Machine & EFX, Modular Synthesizer

Plus:

—Summit Audio Grand Channel, Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range Equalizer, Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor
—FET Compressor, Trident A-Range, Vintage Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, Saturation Knob
—TSAR-1 Reverb, TSAR-1R Reverb, Fix Flanger and Doubler, Tube Delay

The Gobbler process was painless. Several people made me wary of sharing my personal info with another service, and shame on me for almost listening. It's a freaking iLok account; only my username was given to Gobbler.

The entire process of purchasing, downloading, and authorizing took 1/2 hour, some of that due to my own indecision based on the other posts.

For anyone interested, this is a steal of a deal — and Softube no longer requires iLok 2, similar to Soundtoys (I also recently purchased on sale, though an upgrade.)

I am always watchful for CPU usage, one of the main reasons I use DSP (given the hungry Soft Synthesizers I include regularly in productions.) I’m happy to report that both Softube's & Soundtoys' models barely appear as a blip on my iMac's Activity Monitor, though I am not including Modular. I also can load them up on my Windows laptop for when I am traveling, unlike UAD, as they allow for two licenses. I don't use an interface if sketching ideas when going mobile, thus all finished productions reside on the Mac.

It’s been a good two weeks; I picked up Soundtoys & Softube for an insanely reasonable sum, no dongle necessary.

The two companies have solid Go-to-Market Strategies for Specialty Audio Software -- Accessible Premium Products for Reasonably Priced Perpetual Licenses. It's almost like they took a tactic from Apple's Logic Pro X Playbook. Ableton's getting there too with their periodic sales.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search