The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Creating your own Amp Model - SOFTWARE Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 22nd April 2017
Gear Addict

Talking Creating your own Amp Model - SOFTWARE

So I wasn't sure where to post this, but what I'm hoping to learn and find out about is if there is a way to model your own amplifiers? I have vintage Sears Silvertone amps that I LOVE the sound of, but am in a place where cranking them up is difficult. I use Guitar Rig 5 and am dreaming about there being a Silvertone Option.

Is there a way to model your own amp for software, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd April 2017
"Bias" allows you to profile amps ( make sure you have the right version). Not sure how accurate it is, but it's the only software sim that has that function. Kemper obviously does it, and does it better, but the cost is quite high.
Old 22nd April 2017
Lives for gear
I have the Bias amp sim and the profile function seems to only mimic the EQ a bit and not much more. The Kemper actually does what the OP described and wants but it is a bit pricey but it's a worthwhile investment for those looking for that sort of thing and those that have it swear by it.
Old 23rd April 2017
Lives for gear

Revalver Act does profiling too but I have no idea how well it does cuz no one ever reviews it.
Old 23rd April 2017
Gear Addict

Thank you all! I guess I will have to look at reviews of both of those products mentioned here. Kemper would be an AWESOME thing to get, it looks fantastic. Maybe I'll sell my Eventide Harmonizer and get that instead. HAHA
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search