The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacement for my Novation Remote 61 SL Mk2 Keyboard Controllers
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Nut

Replacement for my Novation Remote 61 SL Mk2

My Novation Remote 61 SL Mk2 died recently and I'm looking for a replacement.

Native Instruments Kontrol 61
Novation Impulse 61
M-Audio Code 61

or should I simply buy the same Keyboard again.

I loved the keys on my Remote SL Mk2, I would like to have just as quality keys but I'm puzzled by the price of the SL Mk2, it's very expensive, 100€ more then six years ago when I bought it. I could get the Kontrol 61 for just 30€ more and it's newer and probably the closest to the keys of SL mk2 because it has the same Fatar keys if I'm not mistaken.

Impulse 61 and Code 61 are much cheaper then Remote 61 SL Mk2 and Kontrol 61 and therefore very attractive but would they be good enaugh replacements?
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Nope the keys on the impulse are awful. M Audio is even worse.

Either the Kontrol S or the Roland A800 Pro
Old 21st April 2017
Here for the gear
how'd it die?? i think mine is on the way out...it no longer recognizes my sustain pedal...or ANY sustain pedal lol...

i was leaning towards the akai advance, but now I'm 85% sure I'm gonna go with the komplete kontrol
Old 21st April 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
Komplete S61 or Akai Advance 61. Personally I prefer the simplicity of the UI on my Komplete S25, but I've heard good things about the Akai in terms VI integration.

Last edited by Deleted 46dc28f; 22nd April 2017 at 12:06 AM..
Old 22nd April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr609 View Post
how'd it die?? i think mine is on the way out...it no longer recognizes my sustain pedal...or ANY sustain pedal lol...

i was leaning towards the akai advance, but now I'm 85% sure I'm gonna go with the komplete kontrol
I just checked my order and my keyboard is already seven years old.

I accidentally spilled water on it and as a resault some keys died and velocity on some didn't work.

Pitch/modulation joystic was already very problematic a year before this accident.
Old 22nd April 2017
Gear Guru

one person I noticed in one thread, seems to have tested the keybed velocity transmissions on the Akai and NI and said the black and white keys relative velocity was better on the Akai.
Old 24th April 2017
I had severe problems with mine, the pitch bend always bombarded everything with random data until you wiggled it enough and it behaved. I did fix it in a way, the potis aren't easy to replace (measurements extremely important from the way they are mounted) but I succeeded by just swapping the Mod and Pitch potis. Works fine again now. But the pots used are of bad quality. There have been quality issues with every Novation product I have owned so I'd rather not buy from them anymore.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search