The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A&H Zedi 10 - no signal thru USB. Help? Audio Interfaces
Old 16th April 2017
Here for the gear

A&H Zedi 10 - no signal thru USB. Help?

Zedi 10 arrived Friday and replaces an old Mackie. Application is mostly practicing under headphones. Not recording (for now). Im wanting to send a mixed digital signal out to a DAC and headphone preamp for practicing.

Can't get any sound in or out of the Zedi USB Port.

What I've tried:
1. USB out from Zedi to Focusrite 6i6. No USB connection - no audio at Focusrite.
2. iPad digital out using camera adapter INTO USB port. No sound again.

I'm out of ideas to troubleshoot this. There's something I have yo be missing here. The Focusrite is working (I can run my iPad into the USB connection port and it works immediately).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 16th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippydog View Post
Can't get any sound in or out of the Zedi USB Port.

What I've tried:
1. USB out from Zedi to Focusrite 6i6. No USB connection - no audio at Focusrite.
2. iPad digital out using camera adapter INTO USB port. No sound again.
I'm not sure I understand. Your plugging USB to USB? If so that won't work. Those are USB outs only meant to be hooked up to your computer.
Old 17th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Your plugging USB to USB? If so that won't work. Those are USB outs only meant to be hooked up to your computer.
Yes, that's what I'm trying to do. Using a camera adapter on my iPad into the USB port on the Focusrite, I get a connection and audio playback from the iPad through the Focusrite.

Why then wouldn't it work the same way with the mixer, which is USB 2.0 in and out through the USB port?

Back to the original question, yes, I'm wanting to send the USB audio from the mixer to a DAC (USB in) and then into a headphone preamp from there.

If that can't be done, I guess I'll just go with the line out from the mixer into the headphone amp and skip the DAC.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search