The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new setup, older interface Desktop Synthesizers
Old 4th April 2017
Here for the gear

new setup, older interface

New monitors, new setup, new DAW, older interface
ASUS maximus hero vii on board soundcard
Windows 10 pro 64bit
M-Audio USB duo interface
Mackie CR4bt monitors
just started using Ableton Live, also been using Reason 6 for years.

The output signal from the USB duo is very quiet and I need to turn the monitors up quite high to get a decent volume. To match the volume coming from any other application (itunes, youtube, whatever, using the motherboard on board soundcard) I have to turn the system volume down to about 25%. The USB duo does not have a master output volume knob. An internet search concluded that Ableton doesn't have a built in output/monitoring volume boost. Is there anything I can do here?

I've been using a custom high quality splitter to join my computer output and my interface output to both come through my monitors. I did this because otherwise I can't use other applications that require audio while using Ableton or Reason, because ASIO4all only allows one application at a time. I'm sure this setup isn't ideal and any alternatives to get the same result would also be appreciated.

I use ASIO4all because the m-audio drivers are very old, winXP only, and didn't have much functionality anyway.
Thanks!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search