The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I just bought a Pure2, How much of a step up from an 18i20 will it be? Digital Converters
Old 2nd April 2017
Here for the gear

I just bought a Pure2, How much of a step up from an 18i20 will it be?

I've been contemplating getting a discrete AD/DA for over 6 months now and I finally pulled the trigger on a Pure2. Currently, I'm using a stereo pair of BAE 1073s into an 18i20, so I was wondering if there's going to be a "game changing" moment in the quality of my recordings just from changing the converters/clock even though I already have good pres
Old 2nd April 2017
Gear Maniac

Congrats on your new buy! Do some comparisons and get back to us with YOUR opinion. I'm also looking at the Pure2, so I'd be really interested in what you think. If I go that route, I'd be "stepping up" from a Rosetta 200 to the Pure. Thx in advance!
Old 2nd April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puget Sounds View Post
Congrats on your new buy! Do some comparisons and get back to us with YOUR opinion. I'm also looking at the Pure2, so I'd be really interested in what you think. If I go that route, I'd be "stepping up" from a Rosetta 200 to the Pure. Thx in advance!
Exactly...OP is the one with that exact pairing, why not form your own opinions and do your own tests? Don't let someone else tell you how much you're meant to like something...
Old 2nd April 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, I agree with the others. I'm currently using an interface similar to the 18i20 and would love to hear what you think re: improved sound or not because of the converters.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search