The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Non motorized fader that connects to expression pedal input on my keyboard? DAW Software
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Addict

Non motorized fader that connects to expression pedal input on my keyboard?

Hello I am using Yamaha p155 digital piano as my midi controller. Love the feel of the keys but it has not wheels of faders on it. I would like to know if anyone makes a fader that I can connect to the expression pedal jack to control cc11 - expression for my cinematic strings library. I am running kontakt in Vienna ensemble pro 5 and sequencing in pt12. That's why I want to bypass additional midi controllers. Also have an artist mix but that can't transmit cc as far as I know.

Ernie ball volume pedal works, but I would like a fader instead of a pedal.

Thanks!
Old 2nd April 2017
Gear Addict

Bump
Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Addict

Turns out I can write CC in cubase with Artist Mix when pressing and holding the EQ button. HOWEVER the info gets recorded as automation NOT actual data in the midi file. If using an external midi controller like Faderport/peavey PC 1600/Nektar Panorama or Kork nano control does the cc data get recorded as automation or inside the actual midi file? (When I use the expression pedal it gets recorded into the actual midi file)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search