The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient ID4 vs Audient ID14 Audio Interfaces
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Head

Audient ID4 vs Audient ID14

Hey guys , so im going to buy an Audient interface , and here where i live the Audient ID14 and the Audient ID4 are separated by 100€ (almost).
Im usually going to record covers , and maybe some originals and my question is :
Paired with a Rode NT1 and AKG K702 what could be the differences between them?
Thank you
Old 1st April 2017
Lives for gear

The sound is the same between the two.
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
The sound is the same between the two.
Really? So why the 100€ more? what do i benefit from it? i searched and didn´t found anything conclusive :/
Thank you
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Head

You didn´t really search, did you? Main differences are easily visible

iD4 - 1 Mic Pre
iD14 - 2 Mic Pres, Digital Input (for up to 8 additional tracks via ADAT).
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nan View Post
You didn´t really search, did you? Main differences are easily visible

iD4 - 1 Mic Pre
iD14 - 2 Mic Pres, Digital Input (for up to 8 additional tracks via ADAT).
I did ahaha , and saw those differences but im talking about the Burr Brown converters etc , the quality of the sound and the headphone output are the same?
I have the AKG K702 and they need a good power source
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Head

Since the converters are different, the quality will be almost the same? If its 100€ more just because of the extra mic preamp and the digital input its overpriced
Old 2nd April 2017
Gear Head

Bump
Old 2nd April 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardoso View Post
I did ahaha , and saw those differences but im talking about the Burr Brown converters etc , the quality of the sound and the headphone output are the same?
I have the AKG K702 and they need a good power source
No. the id4 doesn't have burr brown converters, sounds great anyway. The headphone out is very loud, very powerful. I have one, even with the hype around them I was still impressed.

Those AKG's will be too loud with the volume right up, way too loud. They are about 80ohm < iirc.
Old 2nd April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
No. the id4 doesn't have burr brown converters, sounds great anyway. The headphone out is very loud, very powerful. I have one, even with the hype around them I was still impressed.

Those AKG's will be too loud with the volume right up, way too loud. They are about 80ohm < iirc.
Thank you so much for the answer! Im going to try them both on thursday or before
Old 2nd April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardoso View Post
Thank you so much for the answer! Im going to try them both on thursday or before
Let us know what you find. Just a FYI that Intel bought out Burr Brown and some manufacturers are replacing them with NKM converters which seem to be in nearly everything these days including the ID4. At this point I would go by needs in an interface.
Old 2nd April 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

There's a thread somewhere where one of the audeint staff named the company that make the converters in the id4. I'll try and find it.
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
There's a thread somewhere where one of the audeint staff named the company that make the converters in the id4. I'll try and find it.
Hi there,

The converters used in the iD4 are the AKM converters. We are very proud of these tiny black boxes and blown away by their quality! Best of all, they allow us to make the iD4 completely bus powered! If we used Texas Instruments' (not owned by Intel) Burr Browns, this would not be possible.
Old 5th April 2017
Any new latency figures with the iD4 (and others in the range)? I was looking to possibly replace my Apogee One (old model) but really need low latency.
My main interface is an RME UCX which is what I am used to.
Old 26th November 2017
Here for the gear

audient id4 vs id14 for vocals+acoustic guitar cover songs for solo artist

i want to get an usb audio interface. i'm a singer and i am looking forward to make cover songs. (vocals+acoustic). and i m concerned about nice quality. i can afford upto 400usd and i heard that audient makes good stuff. so my question is what really suits my workflow.. i'm a one man band and record vocals and acoustic guitar/keyboard. so should i go with the Audient iD4?? if Audient iD14 can offer a greater quality for my vocals and guitar i can with this. i am nowhere looking at the hardware expansion side like adding preamps or adat/spdif either. or any other usb interfaces other than audient would u guys suggest?? like TASCAM UH-7000. ..
Old 26th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh nithin View Post
i want to get an usb audio interface. i'm a singer and i am looking forward to make cover songs. (vocals+acoustic). and i m concerned about nice quality. i can afford upto 400usd and i heard that audient makes good stuff. so my question is what really suits my workflow.. i'm a one man band and record vocals and acoustic guitar/keyboard. so should i go with the Audient iD4?? if Audient iD14 can offer a greater quality for my vocals and guitar i can with this. i am nowhere looking at the hardware expansion side like adding preamps or adat/spdif either. or any other usb interfaces other than audient would u guys suggest?? like TASCAM UH-7000. ..
I use the Tascam UH-7000 as a DA only to my RME UC. Drivers on that model Tascam are terrible with very high latency. Nice converters and preamps for that price though. For your needs I would go with the Audient ID-14 as you need 2 Mic Pre's over the ID-4 which only has one. The Audient ID-14 is hard to beat at that price.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Just to add my 2 cents, I own the Audient iD4 and I can honestly say that the 14 is no different from the 4. The only difference is the number of input sources and type of output. I heard both side by side, A/B and there was absolutely no difference at all in terms of quality. If there was, MY ears couldn’t tell the 2 apart. Yes the 14 uses the brown converters, while the 4 does not, but this was only because the 4 is bus powered so a different converter was required, but not at the sacrifice of sound quality. One man band, stick to iD4.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search