The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mac CD burning software that copies CD-Text?
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Mac CD burning software that copies CD-Text?

I have created my master version of one of my old band's live 2-CD set, which includes CD-Text. However, I cannot make duplicate copies that contain the CD-Text. I'd like to be able to burn an ISO (or the equivalent) image that contains the audio plus the CD-Text, and then I could burn subsequent copies from that file.

Does anybody know of any Mac CD burning software that reads and processes CD-Text?
Old 13th March 2017
Dor
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb415 View Post
I have created my master version of one of my old band's live 2-CD set, which includes CD-Text. However, I cannot make duplicate copies that contain the CD-Text. I'd like to be able to burn an ISO (or the equivalent) image that contains the audio plus the CD-Text, and then I could burn subsequent copies from that file.

Does anybody know of any Mac CD burning software that reads and processes CD-Text?
I recall Roxio Toast used to support CD text. Haven't used it since version 9.

CD & DVD Burner for Mac - Toast 15 Titanium by Roxio

D
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Wavelab does.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Hmm, I created my master with Wavelab. Burning each CD takes 32 minutes, because of the mastering plug ins that I use. I could try creating a mastered file for each CD and then burn from that.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

I know I've done it before, I think there is something that you have to check in the CD reading profile. Ask PG over on the steinberg website, he should be able to tell you how to do it.
Old 13th March 2017
Deleted User
Toast will do that

You can do a disc copy or make an image file WITH text, I just tested it here in Toast Titanium 11

Hope this helps. Toast accessed GraceNotes for the CD tracks text name here BTW

Im thinking it would be faster to make an image file of your master then make copies. Toast allows you to specify how many copies you need as well, just a matter of throwing a CD in the drive when prompted
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

if you import as a DDP file with text in wavelab, then that image can then be duplicated on many programs. Including hofa.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
if you import as a DDP file with text in wavelab, then that image can then be duplicated on many programs. Including hofa.
I have WL9 Elements, not the full version. DDP is not supported in the Elements version.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have WL9 Elements, not the full version. DDP is not supported in the Elements version.
gotcha. yeah, don't know of too many programs that extract cd text. Not sure if Hofa has a program that does. Maybe look at Triumph by audio engineering.

Triumph | Audiofile
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Also as stated above, with Toast you can save the disc as a toast image and then use that as a master. If you have windows nero does the same thing.

The problem is that ISO formats are generally not used in the red book standard, so I don't know if the text information gets passed along with the iso. It's worth a try I guess.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

I'll see if Toast has a demo. $100 is a lot to pay for adding that one function tho!
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll see if Toast has a demo. $100 is a lot to pay for adding that one function tho!
I get promos for Toast Titanium for $49.00 or $59.00 (can't remember which)
regularly from the company.
Old 14th March 2017
Here for the gear
Quattro DSP might be what you're looking for:

DSP-Quattro
Old 14th March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Toast is a pretty great program and you might find it can do other things - even non-audio things - that you would find useful.

Anyway - I didn't read the whole page to see if there is a "catch" but MacSales apparently has it for $29!

TOAST
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
Toast is a pretty great program and you might find it can do other things - even non-audio things - that you would find useful.

Anyway - I didn't read the whole page to see if there is a "catch" but MacSales apparently has it for $29!
Yes, I had found that as well, and went ahead and ordered it. It's the boxed version, so it will get here in a week or so.

Thanks everybody!
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
DDP creation is really something to think about. There are a lot of applications capable to create a DDP file set.

And for duplication DDP is the best format anyway.
Old 22nd April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
DDP creation is really something to think about. There are a lot of applications capable to create a DDP file set.

And for duplication DDP is the best format anyway.
I'll probably upgrade WL to Pro at some point, especially if I start doing more projects for clients other than myself.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search