The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radeon HD 5770 - 3440 x 1440 DAW Software
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Question Radeon HD 5770 - 3440 x 1440

Hi everyone,

Boring question but I was hoping someone out there could help me.

I have a Mac Pro 5.1 with a Radeon HD 5770 card in it. On paper the max supported resolution is 2560 x 1440.

I am looking to moving to an LG Ultrawide which has a native resolution of 3440 x 1440, and I have seen in a couple of places on the net that apparently the Radeon HD 5770 is able to support this resolution, the only reason it reads lower specs is that these higher resolutions didn't exist previously.

If anyone is able to confirm this for me as working for them it would be very helpful.

Also, if it doesn't support the native resolution of the Ultrawide, how would it look at 2560 x 1080 and not running at its native resolution? This is for Pro Tools btw. Would it still work?

Also there seem to be a million models of LG Ultrawides, if anyone can recommend one in particular that would be cool.

Thanks!

Glam
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

bump!
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Nut

Same problem here

I have the same exact question. My 27" apple cinema display (2540x1600) is giving me a black screen more and more often. I want to replace it but it's near impossible to find a 27" display that is 2540x1600. There are several 32" and bigger monitors that support a similar resolution or slightly less resolution that I am considering. I just feel like the screen should not be bigger if it displays the same resolution.

My friend is going to loan me his 3440x1440 LG monitor. I'll post a reply with an update in a few weeks hopefully. I have the Radeon 5770 card. Mid 2010 Mac Pro.
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

i am interested in my next monitor being extra wide as well .. i doubt the 5770 wil support that res 3440x1440 but i will eat my Lunch if it does ... i hate eating Hats !!! even with enough Mayo / Mustard ..
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search